1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

neutrik jack ?'s

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by JSPguitars, Jan 4, 2007.

1. JSPguitars

JSPguitars

Jan 12, 2004
    Grass Valley
    Will this neutrik jack work with this Bartolini preamp I have? The preamp is active/passive, and the jack it comes with looks like perhaps a stereo jack?? I know pretty much nothing about electronics, so any help would be appreciated.

2. I believe neutriks are marked for Tip Ring and Sleeve. Just wire the Tip to the preamp's output and cut the black battery wire. Strip the newly cut ends and solder these to the Sleeve and Ring connectors. Doesn't matter which of these two goes to which of the black ends.

3. JSPguitars

JSPguitars

Jan 12, 2004
    Grass Valley
    TY Wilser :smug:

4. oh yea, don't forget the ground! that bare wire is the ground. Connect this to either Ring or Sleeve.

5. Rayle_Trail

Rayle_Trail

Jun 14, 2004
    Brisbane
    Heya JSP, I was wondering if you could tell me where you got your black square head DPDT switch from? I keep looking for them and all I find is the round head ones!
    Cheers Rayle XoX

6. not to answer for JSP, but barts come with those switches if you get a mid freq option on their NTMB harnesses.

7. tjclem

tjclem Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Owner and builder Clementbass
    I don't like those jacks. I would rather a cord pop out than have the whole jack ripped out of a bass........t

8. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    I go wireless. So I want my short cable locked in place and guaranteed not to let go.

And I wanna know where you got the Neutrik jack in black! The only ones I've found were all shiny zinc plated. Blech.

9. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Creating a Parts Express right now!

10. JSPguitars

JSPguitars

Jan 12, 2004
    Grass Valley
    The customer ordered it and sent it to me, so I have no idea where he got it. I could ask him, but sounds like you already have a link....
    TJClem, I don't like them either. I think they look kinda cool, but I'd much rather just have a regular jack of some sort to be honest. This customer happens to be very 'particular' about what he wants...which has been a very good learning experience for me. :p

11. tjclem

tjclem Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 6, 2004
    Central Florida
    Owner and builder Clementbass

I know what you mean I am doing one for a repeat customer and he sent it to me. He is a great customer though so I will deal with it.