Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Neutrik jacks

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tyburn, Jul 14, 2001.

1. i got acouple of neutrik mono jacks in the post today, to replace some old ones that wern't too hot and lost signal,

anyway, what i need to help with is the soldering part, i can solder, i assume i solder the inner covered core to the smaller central lug that goes to the tip, and the outer copper webbing to the larger one of the shank??, correct?>

what else should i do to it?

the black sheath that covers the innards stops the threaded cap from tightening right up, the cables quite fat, will this be a problem??

2. =^..^=

=^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    Yep - spot on, inner to the tip and outer to the .. well the outer !

If the black sheath won't go over the cable get some heatshrink and fit that to insulate it -

They are lovely jacks those, a real pleasure to solder. I had some real nice cable and I could have sat an soldered cables all day it was that pleasant. Maybe I should get out more....

3. it's not a lot, i'm going to fillet the sheath a little, not break it, just so it has a little more to bite

what sort or cable should i use if i wanted to make another, ?

4. phatempire

phatempire

Dec 3, 2008
    This video shows how to build guitar leads Guitar Cable