1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Neutrik Jacks

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MobileHolmes, Dec 22, 2006.

1. MobileHolmes

MobileHolmes I used to be BassoP

Nov 4, 2006
    Iowa
    Anybody have one on a bass? I like the notion of a locking jack, but am not sure if it will sit flush on a rounded body edge

[​IMG]

2. stefandisgust

stefandisgust

May 28, 2006
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Spector Basses-New Artist
    We have those on 3 Ibanez Btb's here in the house and they actuly have a flattened area where they go.I dont think itll work over a round fender style cut.I actuly dont like it somtimes

3. MobileHolmes

MobileHolmes I used to be BassoP

Nov 4, 2006
    Iowa
    Cool, thanks. I may just go for an electrosocket instead. I've got one of those on my tele, and it is rock solid.

4. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    locking jacks have always worried me, so if you stand on your cable, it doesnt come out.

but if you do it hard enough wont it:

a. rip out the jack from inside the bass
    b. break the cable?

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    They require a flat spot on the bass:
    [​IMG]

I've heard many a people replacing their Neutrik's with Switchcrafts in the event that their cable is stepped on. Either destroy the cable or destroy the bass.

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I've had them on my two Conklin GT-BD7s. I don't really like them. They're a bit awkward to unplug the cable from as well.

7. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks Supporting Member

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    Dingwall uses those on all basses. So far I haven't heard of any horror stories, and the ones I've seen are installed rock-solid, so I guess it's mainly a matter of sturdy installation.