Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

neutrik Locks!? anyone use em?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LessWooten, Apr 8, 2003.

1. LessWooten

LessWooten Guest

Mar 22, 2003
    Perrysburg, OH
    i have a neutrik lock on my output, and it always seems like i have to pull too hard to get the wire out, and i press the button down so spare me:confused:

2. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    I have one of those! Which BTB do you have?

I find that it's a very small concern, as BTB's are probably the best bang-for-the-buck in the $500 US zone.

I honestly don't know how you'd get around pressing the button to release it...

3. LessWooten

LessWooten Guest

Mar 22, 2003
    Perrysburg, OH
    so r saying u have to pull hard to.......because i have been gettin some feedback in my guitar and i think its because of the conection (i have a BTB405)

4. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    I have them on a bass AND a guitar....and have never had any problems with them. It may be the plug on the cord you are using.

5. Hugh Jazz

Hugh Jazz

Sep 13, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Mine's fine. The only problem is pushing that damn button, which can get tricky.

6. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    I have a BTB405.

Hmm, that's odd if you're having problems like that. Take it to a music store and ask them, cuz I don't exactly know what's going on there.

I donno about the pulling hard thing, I've kinda gotten used to it. Never had a prob with it.

7. I have the neutrik locking jack on my Dingwall 6 string and I had it on my 5 string. I never had any problems getting the jack out. It is just push the button and the plug comes out like on any other 1/4" input.

Geoff

8. LessWooten

LessWooten Guest

Mar 22, 2003
    Perrysburg, OH
    When you push the button does it pop out or does it just makeit much easier to pull out, andwhen u push the button does it click, ordoes it just go down?

9. Hugh Jazz

Hugh Jazz

Sep 13, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    When you push it, it just goes down and makes it easier to pull out. It's essentially like a little clamp. When you push the tab/button, it opens up (you have to keep it pressed) which allows you to take the jack out or put it in like you would in a non-neutrik locking jack. When you release it, it clamps down, and you can only put the cable in. No clicking like an actual button. "Tab" is probably a more accurate description.