Never been used..sounds great!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by rexspangle, Jul 10, 2001.

1. You ever notice when you see when stuff for sale some people say the funniest things? Well here are ones that I find quite humorous related to instruments:

For sale mint condition red bass guitar never been used
    sounds great, new strap, new strings, just tuned, looks very nice, stored in case. $50.

Any other funny ads or contradictions you can think of?
  2. Wait a minute...
    If it's never been used, how would they know it sounds great? ;)
  3. Leech

Jul 2, 2001
    Alberta, Canada
    Isn't that why it's a funny ad?
    Don't drink and drive.
  4. Or there's a bloke here who advertises stuff like "Marshall and Fender amps" and you go into the store and ask for them and all he has is his home made amps and he goes "this sound as good as Marshall"...
    So he plugs one in, hmm doesn't work so he kicks it, it splutters to life. Marshall or fender my butt. My guitarist had one, my god the smoke......

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    ...of me if I have to bring something back. Damn Romans and their clever catch phrases.
  6. I had one guy tell me he has a cab for sale and is brand new still in the box it was a fairly cheap price. After several back n' forth emails I decided to check it out since he lived 30 min from me, he says "well it is at my drummers house" I am like So you store a brand new cab in box at your drummers house... a.k.a where you practice. I am not saying all these people lie about the brand new still in box sales pitch, but personally if I had an amazing cab it wouldn't just sit in the box. But you always hear things like it was a christmas gift I didn't need it. Yeah and people just buy you a $1000 gift you don't need.

I don't don't just a pet peeve.

7. hmmmm forget it, its been in a drummers Sty.....

8. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    When we were on the road i went into a small music store in chicago! Dont ask me were it was i have no clue! But i went in because there add in the phone book said they sold spectors and warwicks so i was there! Went in and all they had was a couple mexican fenders and alot of cheap washburns! Not even the good ones! So i was grump becaus eima in a city were i have no idea were iam at so i asked were are the good basses and he pointed to the washburns! I said i wanted warwick dolphin pro! So here i was wearing my stage tag and asking about a dolphin pro and he really looks at me and says well that washburn over there is just as nice and only 300!