Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Never had anyone cover one of my songs before

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by slackdaddy, May 27, 2005.

1. slackdaddy

slackdaddy

Mar 1, 2004
    Athens, GA
    Endorsing Artist: David Eden Amplifiers / Rob Wave Custom basses
    I just wanted to share the humbling experience I had the other night. Two fans came up to me the other night at my show and asked me to come out to their car because they wanted me to hear something. I was blown away when it was their version of our song "Madman Blues". That was definitley a career high for me. I think the name of their band is "Last" and they are out of Atlanta. Has anyone in here ever heard a band play one of their songs?

2. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    If someone asked me to come out to their car for a second, I'd be a little concerned at first.

:bag:

3. slackdaddy

slackdaddy

Mar 1, 2004
    Athens, GA
    You are probably right! But I am a pretty big guy and I know these guys from previous shows. There are some folks that I have to avoid. :D

4. Hey Slackdaddy!

Are you still doing the Kevn Kinney thing? You have to let me know when you guys are coming up this way again!

5. Never had anyone cover our songs, but was weird one night when one of our punters recited our show dates and venues for the next three months to me.... :bag:

6. slackdaddy

slackdaddy

Mar 1, 2004
    Athens, GA
    I am still playing with Kevn; in fact, we are in Raleigh, NC tonight. I think that Kevn is going to be in Milwaukee on June 9th. I think it is a solo show but the last time he was up there for a solo show, Brian Ritchie played with him. I think that was Shank Hall. I won't be with him that trip because I am also playing with Sarah Lee Guthrie and Johnny Irion and we wil be in Texas for the 40th anniversary of "Alice's Restaurant" openng for Sarah's father. This is going to be a busy summer!

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    This band out of Atlanta called The Trick used to cover our song, "Feb. 31st". It was weird hearing it at first. It is humbling, and cool.

8. slackdaddy

slackdaddy

Mar 1, 2004
    Athens, GA
    I thought of this thread this morning when I checked my "myspace" account.

http://www.myspace.com/berightbackband

The band is made up of teens from the Netherlands. They sound pretty good covering our song, "The Sun Tangled Angel Revival"