Never heard this one before...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by esoxhntr, Jul 7, 2019.

1. esoxhntr

esoxhntr Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Markham, Ontario
    After today's gig, three of the patrons approached us while we were loading up... "Hey, you guys were really, REALLY, good. We hope you're back soon. Would you mind calling us a cab?"

What the hell? :eyebrow:

BassCliff and two fingers like this.
  2. did a gig 2-3 years ago and was packing up and these 2 ladies told me they thought the band was great.... So I loaded everything into the car and helped load the big trailer with PA / Drums...etc. then I got in the car to drive out the carpark when one of the women simply opened the passenger door and jumped in - took one look at me and said "Oh are you my uber driver"? she said sorry and got out the car before I could answer her....

TolerancEJ, esoxhntr and two fingers like this.
  3. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Drunk people do crazy things. Asking me to call a cab would be WAY down on the list of weirdest I've seen/heard.

I'm almost wondering if theh associated you guys with more of an employee of the club role rather than a hired band. Still, it's weird.

Kro and esoxhntr like this.
  4. Ostie

Ostie

Aug 1, 2018
    Mid MI
    You Shoulda said “okay, you’re a cab!”

5. esoxhntr

Jun 21, 2007
    Markham, Ontario
    Dammit - should have thought of that.

6. esoxhntr

Jun 21, 2007
    Markham, Ontario
    Agreed - I've seen much weirder, but it was a first.

two fingers likes this.
  7. keyboardguy

keyboardguy Supporting Member

May 11, 2005
    In my way younger days I was a parking valet.
    A guy came out, asked for a cab and I used that line, "OK you're a cab"....

He did NOT laugh.......:rollno::rollno:

esoxhntr likes this.
  8. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown

Feb 16, 2011
    Speaking of drunks. On my way home one sunday morning I stopped in at an independent version of Waffle House and a very drunk couple who had been at the bar where we played came in shortly after I got there, and started making out in the booth next to mine. In a minute the girl disappears under the table and the guy's head flops back and his eye roll up in his head. The waitress sees what's going on and tells them to stop or she gonna call the law, but they ignored her. It didn't take long for the cops to arrive and they wound up pulling the girl out from under the table by her feet while she held on to the table leg and yelled at them to leave her alone, and the guy got up and fell trying to walk with his pants around his ankles. I often wonder what I would have done without all the invaluable education playing in bar bands has afforded me.

buldog5151bass likes this.
  9. reminds me of a few years ago - I was on the way home from a gig and as I got onto the motorway on-ramp there were 2 ladies on the side of the motorway flashing their breasts at cars driving past...... I didn't get a good enough look sorry, but when I went back to work on Monday we were all talking about what we did over the weekend.... one lady said "me and my friend were so drunk on Saturday night, we walked by the side of the motorway on-ramp and flashed our boobs at people driving past"!
    I didn't say anything to her, but it did make me laugh!

10. Ostie

Ostie

Aug 1, 2018
    Mid MI
    Years ago we played a private party gig. We were loading out when I looked over and saw this woman from the party standing about 20 feet away. She saw me and turned around and dropped her jeans and mooned me.
    “Did you see that!?” I asked the guys.
    “What?”
    “That woman just mooned me!”
    “Yeah, right” they all said.
    So I said to the woman, “hey, would mind doing that again? My buddies missed it.”
    Unbelievably, she did it again. Sometimes you just have to ask nicely.

pappabass likes this.
  11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021