1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Never thought i'd see the say

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by nickrs540, Jul 24, 2012.

1. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Holy Toledo.

2. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    MMJ patients are fond of bartering. You see that kind of stuff all over CL.

3. Isn't that "legaly" the same as saying I got a whole mess of morphine that I want to trade for drums. I thought the whole MMJ thing was about it being a "prescription".

4. Once when I was trying to sell a Jackson guitar on craigslist to fund a new bass amp, I got numerous bartering offers of the green variety. Hell, if I wasn't needing the cash I probably would have taken one!

5. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

If you find out the address let us know. :bag:

6. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    He did state:

I'm not sure about the laws regarding morphine distribution but as far as I know, there is nothing on the books regarding the actual distribution of MMJ.

7. I got that, but I always thought of being "a card holder" was just the same as saying you have a prescription for a medicine. So I compared it to another prescription drug that dealers have illegally distributed amongst the public on occasion.

8. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Technically, it's not a "prescription". It's a "recommendation" that states you suffer from a condition for which MMJ would be appropriate.

It's a semantic jungle!

9. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    +1

Probably like 1 in 3 SoCal residents has a MMJ card, so it could all go down legitimately.

There are laws in place in regards to what card holders are allowed to hold.
    Since the trade offer is for a plant, and not the bud itself, it would be alright to trade. At 1 or 2 ft tall, its most likely not in flower. The plant itself is not the "medicine", the buds are.

10. Unprofessional

Unprofessional

Mar 5, 2012
    Prohibition: Episode II.
    Might as well come to our senses, legalize it, tax it and control it just like booze.
    What we are doing now is a stupid joke. I don't partake and even I know that. I'll still choose not to smoke it because of the damage it does to your lungs but at least it will be my adult choice. Just like I choose not to drink tequila.

11. I've never seen 6" plants in the flowering stage ... maybe they're one of the newer auto-flower breeds that are really short, and finish in 70 days.

12. Geroi Asfalta

Geroi Asfalta

Aug 23, 2011
    I wouldn't be suprised if this kind of thing goes down on craigslist especially in CA....but I'm a bit paranoid of getting green over the web....but duuuuuude does that purp look good. But, as Matticus said, this could easily work legally, just about anybody in california can apply for a card and get it same day legally, just need to know who to go to. It would probably help me save money though....if I ran into another card holder, I'd trade some green for some strings or parts. Now back to being paranoid....

13. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I wouldnt do it over the web, either. :ninja: :bag:

14. SwagAttack

SwagAttack

Sep 14, 2011
    Bay Area, CA
    Isn't it the females that bud only? He doesn't specify. But seems like a good deal to me.

15. eddododo

eddododo Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2010
    I know this is always debated and poorly researched , but smoking (excessively) regularly since I was 12 (eleven years ago), I managed to have successful and well-decorated collegiate soccer, track, and judo careers.. And im not even a very hard worker in the gym.

I DEFINITELY dont drink..

16. Geroi Asfalta

Geroi Asfalta

Aug 23, 2011
    Yes, only females bud....but any decent stoner would set you up with a female plant.....I'd hate to see somebody pick up a random plant and have it seed their entire crop. Happenned to me but I started from seeds....

17. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

After reading the title I though it was going to be about this...

18. Count me in a pro-legalize it. Now, a quick question: how is the Gubment going to control it if you can grow it? Legal to buy, illegal to grow?

19. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Theyre still working on that. When it gets figured out the legal bud will start rolling onto the shelves.