1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Never Too Much - Luther Vandross

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Blonde Bassist, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Okay, so I've done a few searches and not been able to find anything, and presuming this would be a good place to post.

I'm transcribing Luther Vandross's Never Too Much for my band, which is an eight-piece with 4 rhythm section and 3 horns (tpt, ten, bari). So far I've not done too badly with it, but there are a few little things in it where I've not quite been able to figure out the chord voicings and things. I'm sure I'll get it eventually, and I'm having to adapt little bits here and there to make it nice for the band to play, and simplify it a little so any idiot can sight read it without too much difficulty (nothing thats detracting from the song, just allowing more freedom in the rhythm section parts).

I wanted to know whether anyone else has transcribed this song, or has an accurate idea of what the chord voicings are. I have bought PVG transcription from musicnotes but I'm pretty sure there are some inaccuracies in a couple of the chords, and I know there are in some of the timings.

I'm sure some people will have leant this bassline, simply because it's a great line. I'm assuming it was Marcus Miller playing that on the original?

Many thanks,

Dan.