Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Never would have thought...

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Bardolph, Aug 7, 2003.

1. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    but it really did happen

2. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    also-

3. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Awesome, man! :)

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    That first pic is pretty dark on my pc-about all you can see are his teeth. Vic looks like a giant beaver or something. Congrats on meeting him though!

5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Very cool. Did Vic give you any grains of wisdom you can share with us TB'ers?

6. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I didn't really get to talk to him, it was pretty much just people in line to get an autograph or picture or in my case both.

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I alwways wanted a beaver's autograph, i always wondered if they were capable of holding a pen. But you proved that they can/

(awesome dude)

8. grooveguru

grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Stop by Bass Central!

9. Dude, sweet. What I'd give to meet him someday -cries-

10. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Die.

;)

11. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    cool

12. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Where did this go down and when?

Thor

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Getting a bad picture of you and Victor Wooten is kinda cool, but I'd rather get to talk to him, you know? I mean, you might as well stand in front of a cardboard cut out of him and get a picture of you with it... which by the way, a cardboard cutout of Victor Wooten would be the cat's ass.

But being a total musical dummy, I wouldn't know what to talk about...

Me: So... play the bass huh?
    Vic: Yep.
    Me: Koo.

14. I recently had the oprotunity to meet the guys from Dream Theater with a friend of mine who is a drummer and a huge Portnoy fan. Well my friend was wearing a shirt with Animal from the muppets on it that said "drums, girls, fun".

The conversation that traspired between him and Portnoy was classic and had me laughing very hard.

Friend: *stands in line to talk to Portnoy*
    Portnoy: "Hey I have that shirt!"
    Friend: "Yeah, me too."

at which point my friend froze and walked away. He did manage to have an intelegent conversation later though and Portnoy turned out to be a really cool guy.