Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New 15- Aguilar or Eden XL

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RS, Jun 22, 2001.

1. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Thinking about buying a new cab for my rig to replace my Peavey 15. I think I have it narrowed down to the Eden or Aguilar.
    The Aguilar is a little more $. Anyone have an opinion on which on sounds better? Why? I was considering the bag end, but they can only take 200w according to their website. I need something that can handle more power if necessary. Any advantages or disadvantages to either one?

2. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    RS,
    I have an Eden 15t and a Bag End S15-x. I really love my Eden stuff (WT-500, Navigator preamp, 210xlt, and 115t). But if it were just one 15 that I was using it would be the Bag End without question. That little Bag End 15 seems like it can take serious wattage and it still holds the low notes tight. Now just for reference this is when I've used my Crown power amp which is rated at 900 watts in bridged mono into the 8 ohms of the Bag End. I'm certain that I've not going anywhere near the max output on the amp but you get the picture. Those Bag Ends are tough little cookies. The guys at BassNW say that all they use for their gigs it one of the Bag End 15's. I'm not certain where they gig or what kind of music they are playing but they pretty much have their choice from some real nice speaker builders to choose from. I've found that the Bag End stuff is voiced very close to the Eden stuff also.

3. Bernie

Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    Id urge you to take that advice and try the Bag End cabs.The 15 is available in several variations.Also try the Bergantino 15.I have the first week in july off and am making a trip to Guitar Villa to compare a ton of gear.They have a selection comparable to BNW!!!I will get back with some reviews if you want.Good luck!

4. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Thanks Bernie

5. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    I'm an Eden guy but in a 115 I think I might give the edge to Aguilar and certainly to Bag End. With any of those three you won't go wrong though.