1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NEW 215 DAY!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by redhed, Nov 6, 2013.

1. redhed

redhed

Oct 25, 2009
    Picked up a new Peavey VB215 today to go with my Orange AD2OO MK 3. Excellent build quality - made in U.S.A.

Attached Files:

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Dang, you're assembling quite a range of tube stuff.

3. redhed

redhed

Oct 25, 2009
    Bit by the tube bug hard! I thought the Peavey VB215 was a perfect match for the Orange, and the combo is a different flavour than my Ampeg rig(s).

4. musicman666

musicman666

Sep 11, 2011
    ca
    Wow that Peavey looks tough! How does it sound?

5. redhed

redhed

Oct 25, 2009
    Well right now the orange/peavey rig is in the living room and my wife is watching the CMA's so... But yes it is really cool looking and the little that I have played through it it was sweet! The orange breaks up real easy and I think the 215 is going to be a perfect match!

6. Nice rig! I love those Orange amps and really wish I could get my hands on one.

Played a Peavey VB215 years ago and wanted one ever since. Really solidly built cab with a reasonable weight, too.

7. redhed

redhed

Oct 25, 2009
    I think the cab is 116lbs, it does feel a lot lighter than my Ampeg 810. The Peavey cab is very well made and sounds great.

8. redhed

redhed

Oct 25, 2009
    more photos!

Attached Files:

9. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Congrats - loves me some 215!!!

- georgestrings

10. +1

I am glad that Peavey is still making a 215.

11. lokerola

lokerola Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Alexandria Virginia
    Gorgeous! I was looking at one of those, but I'm not sure I could stuff in the back seat of my Accord. What vehicle are you transporting that beauty around in?

12. redhed

redhed

Oct 25, 2009
    Well I am not sure it would fit in a Accord! But I have truck and it fits just fine....

13. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    Nice! Love the 2-15 setup.

14. gwangi

gwangi Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Forbidden Valley
    Unbelievable somebody on Talkbass finally got one of these 215 bass cabinets, I've looked for reviews for this particular cab on the internet and didn't find any at all, I even posted a thread on this particular cab here on Talkbass last year sometime I think or maybe the year before trying to see if anyone has this particular cabinet to see how it sounds,build quality everything about the cab so finally now somebody has one so PLEASEEEEEEE when you can please let us know how this cabinet sounds, the build quality just everything you can about this cabinet, I've seriously wanted one for the last 3 years but none of the dealers here ever carried one for me to try and like I said before I could not find any reviews from people on the internet about the VB215 so I was even wondering if anybody in the U.S. even owned one, so please give us a report on how the cabinet is, I'm excited to hear about this.

15. lokerola

lokerola Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Alexandria Virginia
    Agreed - inquiring minds want to know. Let us know how that 215 sounds.

16. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    You're ready for Woodstock!!

:bassist:

17. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Me too. I love the old 215D black widow.

18. Korladis

Korladis Banned Supporting Member

A friend of mine actually routinely drove his 810 around in a compact Hyundai and still had room for a passenger.

19. Korladis

Korladis Banned Supporting Member

Also, yeah, sweet rig.