Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New 24 fret Fender Jazz!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by B8ssMan89, Jul 23, 2005.

1. I just saw this today!
    [​IMG]
    And it's under 1 grand! Looks really nice! Hopefully my local music store (which is a authorized fender dealer) will carry these so I can try them out!

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Search. This has been talked about so many times.

3. :( oh poo! I thought I was gonna suprise every one with this bass :rollno:

4. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Fender dudes are so nice that they made a bass with unreachable frets.....

5. oldgreyOlds

oldgreyOlds

May 12, 2005
    Delta, BC
    I have on of these suckers on hold at the local music shop. They had them before fender announced them. Damn, now all you people are gonna go out and buy them, and I wont be the only cool one with one of these babies. So my advice: dont buy one, their terrible :D . For whats in them, and the fact the worksmanship is simply amazing for their place of manufacture, the price is a little low I think, but Im not arguing, just waiting for my paycheque... :hyper:

6. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    In fact, we should all buy them so Fender will be encouraged to make more 2 octave basses.

I'd like to see them make a 5er, a P and a PJ 24. :hyper:

7. FireAarro

FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    austr-
    Have you played one? The highest frets on my Yamaha look even more INXS-ible but I can reach them fine.

8. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I didn't get Vene's comments either. :confused:

9. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Those look pretty reachable to me.

10. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    St. John's has one and it is very playable. Great tone too! Now if it came as a 5 I would be really interested (I blame Scott for that ;) )

11. I dont understand what the point of 24 frets is in the first place. Might make for a good slide since its two octaces, but anyone that is playing that high would just sound like crap anyway, you get that really muted (for lack of a better adjective) sound when you play so high and bring the length of the string that high. Does anyone actually use the frets about 21?
    It would be cool to hear from you.
    Dave

12. It has qtr pounders
    owwwwwwwwww ahhhhhhhhhh

13. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    It's really not for use while providing the backdrop for a song but for soloing.

You should try it. I guess it will depend on the bass quality.

Mine sounds nice. And a touch of delay makes the ceiling sky high.

14. oldgreyOlds

oldgreyOlds

May 12, 2005
    Delta, BC
    I like the finish, and the preamp. Plays nice too, but I dont care much for the 24 frets. Thats about the only thing I dont like though.

15. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    I have played the 22 fret ver in a 20 fret body (and the 24 comes with the 22 heel cut), you cant play there that easy. However i like basses with 24 frets for taping.

16. Bridge looks cheap!!

17. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Hmmm... well if you say so then I guess it's true.

All this time I thought I was actually playing it! Woe is me! :crying:

18. Its fender what else is new. Put a body-thru badass on that then were talking :D

19. Jaco only needed 21 frets (or none for that matter)

20. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    i doubt you play that much in those frets to say that you actually play them easily or that the heel cut wont hurt your wrist in long sesions. Cant you just tell what u think/know without being sarcastic....