1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New 3Leaf Audio Fuzz!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by LowEndWooly, Oct 18, 2013.

1. LowEndWooly

LowEndWooly

Sep 3, 2013
    Indiana
    http://www.3leafaudio.com/you-re-doom.html

Available to ship next month! (Prymaxe says they'll ship the week of November 18th)

This pedal looks crazy, and just when I finally got myself a Team Awesome! Fuzz Machine.

I'll probably still end up getting this beast, as good 'ol Spencer has never let me down on his creations.

The videos look great and promising.. I love how it is interactive with playing dynamics. This doesn't seem like the dirtiest fuzz, but maybe the coolest. Sort of allows me to reason getting it on top of the Fuzz Machine.

Anybody else super stoked like I am?

2. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    Owner, Pike Amplification & 3Leaf Audio
    I am super stoked. I love the Team Awesome....but You're Doom is about as far as you can get from that type of fuzz. I think "clean" sounding is a good way of putting it - if you can imagine a fuzz being clean.

3. dannster

dannster

Aug 20, 2000
    Seattle,WA
    Looking forward to this one! :hyper:

4. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Something tells me the You're Doom and the Darkglass Duality would compliment each other really well.

Coincidence? I think not.

5. avvie

avvie

Oct 12, 2010
    Maui, HI
    In listening to the demo I wonder if this was a tangential project to the synth pedal you were threatening to build a while back?
    Nice pedal, btw.

6. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    Nice. Kudos on the small package (twss) + top i/o.

7. DirtyDuke

DirtyDuke Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 13, 2012
    guelph ontario
    Partner Southampton Pedals, Partner CCP
    Ok. Now youre just messing with me. Darkglass now 3 leaf. Its like choosing beteeen your kids. Love them both the same. So since I ordered the darkglass fuzz blind im gonna order this one too. Gotta be fair

8. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    This is basically what came of that. The "synth" I was going to do was going to have many different elements in one box, but I decided that would be gargantuan and expensive so I'm releasing the different elements as individual pedals.

You're Doom can be thought of as the "core" - sort of like the oscillator on a synth.

9. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    :eyebrow:

10. Need clips of someone playing doom riffs with it

11. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Any hints as to what is left? Looking at your own pedalboard if I had to guess it would be an octaver. It and the chorus are the obvious ones to replace with a 3Leaf product :cool:

12. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    If Spenser would send a copy, I'll do DoOOM clips. I did the clips for the Oxide.

13. LowEndWooly

LowEndWooly

Sep 3, 2013
    Indiana
    Quick question, Spencer (or anybody who might know)..

since you said this was a "clean" sounding fuzz, and since this is a dynamic pedal, would it sound good to have this as a sort of always on pedal that you could dig into to get a little dirt and use an additional fuzz (like my Team Awesome!) for those heavier parts? I've never seen a pedal like this, so I have no idea if that would be a good idea or not.

14. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    I want to do an octaver. I don't really see myself making a chorus - they use hard to find parts and I love my CE-2.

15. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    Probably. I'm the only one who's used it so far, so it will be interesting to see how people use it.

16. avvie

avvie

Oct 12, 2010
    Maui, HI
    Yeah I'd steer clear of the chorus also...you do best when you make premium versions of hard-to-gets in a reasonably priced package. Your filters are excellent and I'm surprised at how fast you dropped the PWNZOR. Now if you get an octaver that tracks well all the way down... ( $ )

17. eloann

eloann

May 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Ok, I'll be getting this one. Same layout as the Cusack bass screamer and IE Oxide means I can swap them easily on a board. Still trying to make up my mind about the Darkglass one though.

18. 999Brent

999Brent Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Auckland, New Zealand

Hi Spencer,
    Could you so a little recording to show how it goes as an overdrive?
    I know this is not the original idea, but would be interested how it performs in a low gain mode.

I agree if the dynamics still work, could be a great always on pedal.

19. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    I'll do some more recordings as soon as I get mine back. A buddy of mine is doing a youtube demo for it this weekend. When the gain is low it almost has a ring modulator-like sound.

20. LowEndWooly

LowEndWooly

Sep 3, 2013
    Indiana
    Will you copy a link on here for us when it is up? I know that I would love to hear more of it.