Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new 4 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by phoenixdown, Oct 25, 2002.

1. Epi Thunderbird

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. Epi EB 3 (SG)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Epi Explorer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Shop spoiled BC Rich Beast

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. Other

18 vote(s)
    81.8%
  1. phoenixdown

phoenixdown

Oct 17, 2002
    Scotland
    ok well im needed a good sturdy gigging bass but i wanna move away from fender coz they are bit to plain and boring so sum help would be appreciated

2. MTD kingston !

3. phoenixdown

phoenixdown

Oct 17, 2002
    Scotland
    oh forgot to mention £500 price limit which is $700 apparently so summin in that area

4. Dude! You can do way better than an epiphone for $700. Check this bass out. Its a Conklin GrooveTools, IMO, the best bass out there for the buck. They have em in a five string model too.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=914938979
    If you bought this thing, you would still have a few bucks to start saving on a good rig. There are plenty of good deals though and you just have to look around. Hell, you could get a decent warwick with $700. Just promise me you will get anything but an epiphone (not a very good buy IMO).

5. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    of all those basses you listed... I say none of them...

Don't be conned into buying a bass because of looks.. you will be let down...

these basses are in your price range

MTD kingston
    Conklin groove tools bass
    Used Musicman stingray
    Used Warwick Corvette std
    Used Peavey cirus if you're lucky

6. phoenixdown

phoenixdown

Oct 17, 2002
    Scotland
    lol yer the t-bird is only £250. how much is the kingston over here looks kinda kool. and im kinda having to go on looks b4 i order it coz most shops round here have only got guitars the only reason theres a shop spoiled beast is coz that shop has a bc rich dealership i think.

7. totaln00b

totaln00b Guest

Sep 24, 2002
    helsinki
    take this guys advice.

i actually prefer sterling to stingray cos of the weight and size

8. phoenixdown

phoenixdown

Oct 17, 2002
    Scotland
    yer i know but im going to glasgow next weekend so im gonna be trying sum out then so im hoping for sum idea on what i want and taking it from there really.any chance of gettin summin with an ebony board heard alotta bout em and never used 1 they worth it?

9. Ebony fretboards are nice primarily if your playing fretless. you could probably score somethin nice with an ebony fingerboard if you really do some lookin around online.
    Dude. For the sake of communicating more effectiveley use some periods.

10. I think Kingston is only $600, or less. I cannot remember but definately in your price range.

11. MTD Kingston or (save up a little more and get the) MTD Heir.

Also, Lakland 44-01 is right in that range too.

You also have the Fender MIA Precision.

Another vote for the Conklin GT-4.

Also another vote for the Peavey Cirrus 4 (if you find a used one.)

There are many basses in your price range. Take a look around some local music stores and play as many as you can find.

12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Used G&L if you can find one.

Peace
    Nick

13. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    MTD Kingston