Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New 4 x 10 cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassman3203, Jun 23, 2001.

1. Bassman3203

Bassman3203

Jun 23, 2001
    I'd like your opinions on the Fender Bassman 410 cabinet, and the Sunn 410 cabinet. I'm thinking about getting one or the other, but I need help deciding which Your feedback would be great!

2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    I believe that the Fender Bassman is actually a Guitar Cabinet.
    Look at Carvin´s

3. captainpabst

captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001
    Tennessee
    the fender 4x10 is a bass cab.

i've played them both, but not thru the same head, so i can't directly compare. but they both have eminence drivers and a horn. both sound fine, just not quite as sophisticated as the high $ brands. they're really similar cabs - and i believe (i think i read this somewhere) that fender owns sunn. so really you're getting about the same thing either way, and the fender is about 30 bux cheaper, so i'd go for that. to be honest, unless you're gonna go for an eden 4x10xlt or an swr goliath 3 or an ampeg or even more pricey, the bergantino 3x10 or EA or Epifani or something stupid expensive like glockenglang, i'd get the fender. an alternative would be a carvin 4x10, hartke 4x10, peavy 4x10 or maybe a genz benz 4x10. or used - that'd be the best buy for the $. check ebay.

if you tell us what kind of head you have we might be able to offer more advice.

also, check some local music stores - sometimes they build their own cabs and sell them for cheap. i don't live too far from nashville (TN), and corner music sells a 4x10 that they put together for 360, but with no horn.

if you're like me, you'd like to test something out before you buy it. try to get to a store that carries lots of brands like sam ash, mars, guitar center, or whatever and try out alot of stuff. follow your ears.

4. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    I'd been checking this cab out and recently decided to go ahead and get it.The list on it is only $899,and it handles 400watts continuous/800 peak.It's got a large front port which helps the deep bass response a lot,and it's still pretty small as 4x10s go,and only wieghs 91 lbs.I got it for $549 out the door,and the store had an NOS padded cover for an Eden 410xlt lying around which fit the Ampeg like a glove,they let me have it for $49.If you can,check it out.