NEW 450watt behringer head !!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fenderaholic, Jul 5, 2005.

1. fenderaholic

May 25, 2005
    Burbank ca
  2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    *sigh* Looks mighty similar to an Ashdown, don't it?
  3. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Here we go again... :rollno:
  4. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Build a bonfire, build a bonfire, put Behringer on the top...
  5. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    String it up from a tree, and I'll poke it with my pitchfork.
  6. 8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
  7. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Behringer doesn't really learn do they?

IMO, it's not THAT close to that Ashdown though.
  8. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    I like how the VU meter looks like its off a Russian Submarine.
  9. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK

Hey guys, keep it quiet, but these look pretty similar! Wonder if the Behringer is just as good? 'Cos its SOOOOOOOO much cheaper. :eyebrow:
  10. I got the BX3000t - I reckon its brilliant for the money. I think Behringer are doing a great thing by releasing affordable, decently powered amps (its about time somone did). Wish I'd waited for the 450w though...

And morals be damned, all I care about is how it sounds and how much it costs... :bassist:
  11. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK

Anyway, my main issue has I have said before is not behringer putting out cheap amps. Apparently the insides of the BX's are totally different from a MAG so this means Behringer are purposely making there products look like others to get a slice of there market, and that bothers me since ashdown are on of the only british amp companies left (Yes I know the MAG isn't made in Britain).

I recently sold an ABM head to some guy who had had all his Behringer stuff stolen, you should have seen his face when he powered it up.

Behringer is an ok company that make ok products but they really just ride everyone else, if there products are so different my make them look like a specific companies?

P.S Every behringer amp I've tried has not sounded good & does not have the reliabilty of what I need. Just so you know.

12. If the internals are indeed behringers own work, and the outside looks similar, but not the same, and its clearly marked behringer, then whats the big deal?

I mean, its like boycotting pepsi because its in the same shape can as coca cola...

Anyways I digress. I like my amp, I also like ashdowns, but I would prefer to pay behringers prices.
  13. KPJ

KPJ Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    Just remember that you get what you pay for. Behringer uses the cheapest components that it can get in its products. Many other companies will only use certain components and will not make product if it cannot get those components. You may have more issues with reliability with a cheaper unit. You may also buy one that lasts twenty years with no issues.

Caveat emptor.
  14. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    In the days of my misbegotten youth when the musical instrument emporiums were fully stocked with the likes of Fender, Marshall, Vox and Sunn along came another that captured an inordinate market share by offering significantly lower prices than those being charged by the aforementioned. There were wails about poor quality and excessive distribution, theft of intellectual property, and of course the huge advantage that the upstart had in lower labor costs, since the new company didn't have to pay the high wages that one had to in Fullerton or Seattle, let alone in the bloated top heavy trade-union dominated economy of the UK. With the mere $1.50 an hour that this company had to shell out for labor, and no dearth of laborers available more than happy to work for such a pittance, the upstart had such a cost advantage that it couldn't help but succeed. And if you happened to live in dirt poor Mississippi in the early 1970's getting that $1.50 an hour really wasn't so bad, when the only choices you had were either picking cotton or working for Peavey.
  15. Yeah! Dont let others put you down, for a bassist on a budget its great :)
  16. yeh i'm getting a bit sick of the bagging behringer stuff...if you can afford better, go for it, but no need to pay out the stuff u didn't choose to buy out. I was at a gig, and was really impressed by the sound, and it wasn't till later that i saw the owner was using a Behringer 300watt amp. I've been to gigs where expensive Ampeg rigs didn't sound as good.

I'm all for people posting bad experience stories when something breaks - thats completely fair....but to pay something out that 1) you haven't owned or tried extensively and 2) had problems with, I feel is not helpful to people who don't have mountains of money to spend on musical equipment.
  17. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    So what ever happened to the BX6000T that we were all waiting for. I've been holding off on the Ashdown Mag600 backup head all this time, expecting a new Behringer head to come out. And now this. Only 450 watts, that really sucks. :meh:
  18. ????
    they don't look anything alike,,,
    except for the outer case...

I don't get it??

I agree with the pepsi/coca cola analogy...

or maybe Fender and SX?? hmmmmmm