1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

new 4x10 or ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ludwig109, Apr 16, 2009.

1. ok i have a gk1001 head and a gk1x15rbh (8ohm) to go with it.. and until recently i had a 4x10 rbh too and i was happy, perfect rig but then i had to return the 4x10 to get a new one... the company i bought it from changed their mind and decided id have to pay nearly 200euro more to get a new replacement because they had put up their prices... arses. so i got a refund as i didnt want to deal with people like that so now im back to looking for something to complete the stack.

i loved the sounds of the 4x10rbh so something similar or better would be good.. id like to be able to get a good funk sound, and also metal growl when needed but mainly the funk side of things.

im open to suggestions, i live in ireland tho and the music shops around here are terrible for bass stuff so i wont have much of a chance to try stuff out, maybe on a trip to uk in the next few months.

i would prefer a 4x10 i suppose but if it would be loud enough for any situation with the 1x15 i wouldnt be opposed to a 2x10/12

oh and i dont think ill buy the rbh again unless nothing better. only because its up to 900euro around here up from what i bought it at like 600... so kinda crazy

has to be 8ohm obviously just incase people didnt know what the 1001gk went upto
    cheers

2. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    *O'bump* :D

3. bluewine

bluewine Banned

Sep 4, 2008
    WI
    I am biased to GK stuff, I do think it's good for a clean thick deep tone with a little punch. They can almost sound tubish.I think they are good for R&B and Funk.

I am using 2 RBX 2 10 cabs.I think they are great, however I really think having 2 4 10 GK RBX cabs would be cool. You would not always need the second cab.

I think the 4 10 stacks looks great on stage.

4. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Intergalactic Mind Space CA
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
  5. yeh pretty sure id prefer 10's anyway.. a 4x10 most likely/ thinking of going cheap for now just something i can bring to gigs and not be afraid of someone abusing it etc.
    any suggestions of something cheap in a 4x10? 8ohm and around 400-500euro max.
    ive been looking at an ashdown mag410t think i played through one before and i think i thought it was good enough.. someone tell me if im mistaken.. any suggestions?
    things im looking for would be good for funk, decent for metal too and if possible decent sounding with a low b if not ive always got the 1x15 to back it up.

6. Avatar neo 4x10

7. are they available anywhere in europe? doubt theyd ship here from america