Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new 5 or 6 string bass *HELP*

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rb26nate, Mar 9, 2005.

1. rb26nate

rb26nate

Mar 8, 2005
    ohio
    I've only been playing for about a year and I've only played 4 strings. I've played 5 strings at Guitar Center but never bought one. I am looking for something cheap, like about under 500$. I was lookin at the Peavey Grind bass. I like it because of the neck through body and pickups. Also maybe a Rockbass By Warwick. What would you guys recomend? :help:

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Personally, look around for a used Spector... I got my first one for $425, and the 2nd one for $475, both NS2000/5s, both VERY worth it.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4713&item=7306339028&rd=1
    That's one to watch, if ya want a fiver. Warwick's not a bad choice either... go out and play a bunch, make up your own mind!

Ray

3. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

There is a killer deal in the for sale forum for a G&L tribute L-2500 (5 string) for $425 + shipping. Hopefully it's not gone already. Good luck!!!

4. I happened to record with a 5 string Peavey Grind last weekend since i saw it laying at the studio i used it since all i have are fours and i was really happy with it. I would deffinitly suggest that bass if you like it!
    Cheers,
    Dave

5. rb26nate

rb26nate

Mar 8, 2005
    ohio
    Thanks for the help guys. I'll probably just go out this weekend and just play alot of different ones. I have played a used Spector before and it was great. Just alittle to pricey for me right now

6. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Right... the higher end ones are... but the Korean ones rock, and are easily affordable... but that's me, and well, my world revolves around Spectors :p.

Ray

7. rb26nate

rb26nate

Mar 8, 2005
    ohio
    haha ok. I'll look for some. I love the looks of them. I really like that peavey alot though. Solid 400 for the 5 string on Muscians Friend. But i'm wondering.....what about a six string? Would it be worth it even though i've only played for like a year?

8. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Most certainly! Look into it, try them all, find yours.

Ray

9. rb26nate

rb26nate

Mar 8, 2005
    ohio
    alright....i'll go play some this weekend