New 5 string?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 5string Cloud, Nov 16, 2004.

1. i was looking at a new 5 string possibility and im torn between 2 completely different ones. the fender deluxe active jazz v or the washburn force5, any suggestions???
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

allow me to elaborate.....this thread would be better served in the "Basses" forum here at TalkBass. You dropped this thread in the part where people talk about amps and cabs.

while I'm here...I haven't played either. I wish I could contribute more.

3. If you can, try the G&L Tribute L-2500. I owned and sold a Deluxe Active Jazz, it was for me ok but not great. The G&L is priced about the same as the Jazz new or used, has a lot of tonal variety; I love it! Active/passive, Series/parallel, pickup selector, it's all good!
  4. also consider a lakland skyline. the fender 5s are not known for having good 5 strings.
  5. Ibanez BTB, any series
    Spector, any series
  6. Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    i have a dean edge for sale that is really great. its in the for sale section. but if you are stuck between those two i would take the washburn.
  7. sorry about the wrong thread i wasnt very coherent yesterdy
  8. Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Agree 110%. Go to Lakland. Better product, better sound, one of THE BEST in customer service.
  9. lowb1970

lowb1970 Supporting Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Columbia SC
    According to my screen, this is the bass forum, not amps and cabs.
    Cut some slack to a brother.

Keep rockin! :hyper:
  10. lowb1970

lowb1970 Supporting Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Columbia SC
    It is in Basses
  11. You could go for a MTD Kingston or a MTD Heir!

Great basses IMO
  12. Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Or you could go even a step up and get an MTD Saratoga 5 :D
  13. yea, all these look and sound really nice, but the whole price thing is a little bit of an issue
  14. Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    What's the budget?
  15. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    My suggestion: Get both.

16. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Neither- low/mid priced Washburns and Fenders are both craptastic for 5 strings. Stay away. Check out Spector, Lakland, Ibanez BTB, Brice, or Warwick for a better affordable 5.
  17. i guess the price range is about 500-600
  18. thats why these two models looked good
  19. hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    I have 2 5 string Fenders and the B-string on the both of them are very'll be amazed of what a good setup can do to any bass