New 5 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mejor, Jul 30, 2001.

1. mejor

Aug 21, 2000
    Sorry, i need an advice. I've got a yamaha rbx360 and i wanted to buy a new 5 string bass. I usually play punk but above all crossover with a lot of influences and i don't now which bass to buy. I wanted a good instrument but not extremely expensive, what i want to say : i can't afford a 2000 dollars bass!
    Thank you
  2. BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I heard that Yamaha makes some good fivers. But you should check out the Ibanez BTB, MTD Kingston, Sam Ash is having a DeArmond Blowout. All of the basses are around 600 or less. The DeArmond's can be had for under 200 :eek: But all fo these basses are very well made and have some pretty good electronics and construction. But it all comes down to what you want your next bass to sound and play like. Just play as many basses as you can and then make your selection.
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

You might look at the MTD Kingston 5 or the Ibanez BTB405, they are both under $600 and very good basses for the money.
  4. BassPlayer101

Jul 27, 2001
    Fender is the way to go
  5. there's plenty of choice :)

ofcouse i will encourage you to buy the beautyfull, superior-sounding ibanez EDC705 :)

but you might want to take a peek at the jackson Concert 5 ( ) which is a very nice bass at $ 399,-

A friend of mine has one, sounds pretty nice.
  6. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    If you can't spend $2000 can you spend like $1500... get a MM.. Those kingston basses look sweet to.. I would see about getting on of those... A fender Jazz bass even.. they are really good
  7. If you like your current Yamaha. Then maybe you should get an RBX765. I have one in translucent(sp?) green. It seems like a great bass so far. I've had it for about 5 days now. My only gripe is the strings. UGH. They are absolutley horrible. So new strings are a must as soon as you get this one...if you get this one. :)
  8. I play a Yamaha RBX765A, it's a great bass, I have mine in transclucent blue. I like my bass.