New Acoustic 200H and 410 cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by afireinside, Jan 30, 2009.

1. afireinside

afireinside

Jan 3, 2008
    Michigan
    Got a good deal at GC with no hassle yesterday, was playing a 200H head w the 115. Sales guy came over and asked if I wanted the setup, told him yes but with the 4x10 cab instead. He asked what I wanted to pay and I said the least possible, came back with a better offer then I would have imagined $435.00 OTD $250.00 for the head and $300.00 for the cab normally+ tax! Couldn't believe it, Im at work today so havent had a chance to get any real time with her. Might call him back up and see if I can get the 115 for $100.00 tomorrow lol.......

Any feedback on these? It sounded great in the store!

2. Greyvagabond

Greyvagabond

Aug 17, 2007
    I was blown away by how good that little acoustic head sounde. Good deal!

3. heavyhitter

heavyhitter

Jan 24, 2008
    I wish i had a GC where I am. Instead we have one decent music store with so-so prices and 2 others that just wanna turn a buck.

4. Monotremata

Monotremata

Oct 28, 2008
    Ventura, CA
    Cool deal! Normally that package is $499 out the door.

5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Probably one of the better "bang for buck" rigs available these days. I've heard a couple of them, with the 15. Sounded pretty good to me. Congrats.

6. afireinside

afireinside

Jan 3, 2008
    Michigan
    yeah I will have to see about getting the 15" to go along with the 4 10's gonna test it at practice.

Think I could use the fender Rumble 100 combo's 15 for extra low end? or will that not handle the acoustic head?

7. JCM800

JCM800

Jan 22, 2009
    Austin TX
    Bang for the buck indeed. Bought one on a whim as a stick-under-the-seat-backup while on the road, wound up using it as my main amp for several weeks of shows.

Not the most roadworthy tho, after said abuse the direct-out stopped working. Also, those things on the top ARE vents so be careful about spilling your beer ;)

Other than that, mean little amp with plenty of OOMPH! Thumbs up.

Evidently Guitar Center is making these ones based on the 80's Acoustic Control Corp. amps, and another company will be making amps based on the 70's designs. Can't WAIT to see the Acoustic 370 RI... o_O

8. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    I've heard it's going to be a 360/301 reissue, but not an exact reissue. This one will have more power.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021