Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Acoustic Bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MotoClip, Apr 30, 2003.

1. I just got my new (and first) acoustic bass from Musician's Friend. It's a Dean Performer Plus and not only does it look good, it sounds good, and feels good. Anyone that needs a nice acoustic at a low price get the Dean. It was on sale for $300 and worth every penny. Makes me wanna try a Dean Electric now.:bassist:

2. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Nice cough cough*pics* cough:D

3. I want to get one soon. A friend whom I graduated with asked me if I wanted to go with her, if she goes up to her uncles camp this summer. And I want one to bring if we do go.
    So if you suggest a Dean Preformer Plusthen I will likely look into it and probably get it, if I don't find something which I like better.
    Camping is fun and there is a waterfall
    :hyper:
    yeah
    :hyper:
    but then I might not get to go camping (she might not go)
    :crying:
    :bawl:

4. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    Have you played the Dean with a couple of acoustic guitars? does it keep up(loudness)?

5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Congrats! ABGs are addictive - I have two now...

6. Congratulations on the new bass. But where are the pics!

Regards

Matthew

7. Yeah I like it. Sorry I don't have a camera right now but I'll try and borrow one. And if your gonna be playing with some acoustic guitars, better bring some kinda of amp cause it's not very loud. I knew it wouldn't be, people say only the most expensive ones can be heard well with other guitars

8. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I've got the Dean Performer 5-string, it's not bad for the $ (got mine used in a pawn shop.)
    We recorded a few tracks with it, I'll have to see if I can dig them up.

Definitely not loud enough acoustically though. Not bad amped, but it just doesn't project much otherwise. Played some Taylors, they weren't much louder either, so unless a Tacoma shows up used somewhere, I won't be doing much 'unplugged' bassing...

Glad you like yours!