New Acoustic Bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MotoClip, Apr 30, 2003.

1. I just got my new (and first) acoustic bass from Musician's Friend. It's a Dean Performer Plus and not only does it look good, it sounds good, and feels good. Anyone that needs a nice acoustic at a low price get the Dean. It was on sale for $300 and worth every penny. Makes me wanna try a Dean Electric now.:bassist:
  2. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Nice cough cough*pics* cough:D
  3. I want to get one soon. A friend whom I graduated with asked me if I wanted to go with her, if she goes up to her uncles camp this summer. And I want one to bring if we do go.
    So if you suggest a Dean Preformer Plusthen I will likely look into it and probably get it, if I don't find something which I like better.
    Camping is fun and there is a waterfall
    but then I might not get to go camping (she might not go)
  4. bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    Have you played the Dean with a couple of acoustic guitars? does it keep up(loudness)?
  5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Congrats! ABGs are addictive - I have two now...
  6. Congratulations on the new bass. But where are the pics!

7. Yeah I like it. Sorry I don't have a camera right now but I'll try and borrow one. And if your gonna be playing with some acoustic guitars, better bring some kinda of amp cause it's not very loud. I knew it wouldn't be, people say only the most expensive ones can be heard well with other guitars
  8. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I've got the Dean Performer 5-string, it's not bad for the $ (got mine used in a pawn shop.)
    We recorded a few tracks with it, I'll have to see if I can dig them up.

Definitely not loud enough acoustically though. Not bad amped, but it just doesn't project much otherwise. Played some Taylors, they weren't much louder either, so unless a Tacoma shows up used somewhere, I won't be doing much 'unplugged' bassing...

Glad you like yours!