New Addition - Spector Euro 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rod Harder, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Rod Harder

Rod Harder Supporting Member

I had to do it, I have been looking for a Spector Euro 5 in white for a while now, and as luck would have it, Spector had one in stock at the factory in NY State, so thanks to Stuart and Mastercard I have added my 3rd Euro 5 to the family.
    Just unpacked it this afternoon, it looks amazing and is set up perfectly right out of the box.
    I haven't had a chance to plug it in and hear it through my rig, but I will post a full review and comparison of the Spector Tone Pump in this bass and the OBP-1's in my other Euro 5's.
    It looks amazing, the White/Gold color combo is very cool, very classic Spector looking, and the finish is perfect, now all I need is the Rebop 5 in Natural Oil I've been eyeing for a while now.......someone had better buy my MTD 5'er so I can get the Rebop and hold off the G.A.S. for a while......
    Anyhow, here are a couple pics:
  2. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    wow- that is a beauty!!! classic spector is right. that's a design that has held up incredibly well over time. :bassist:
  3. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    nice bass man, thats a killer looking spector. :eek:
  4. that looks great man, I love how they look and sound but I don't really like their string spacing and fatter necks on the 5ers, it is totally a matter of personal taste. I would really dig a 4 stringers though. but they are sure great looking and sounding basses. I have always thought the plain white worked very well with the spector design.
  5. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Congrats HM! I'm drooling. Killer bass.

My NS4-CRFM(Euro-4) has the white finish also. I may be wrong, but it's getting a really nice yellowish tint from all the cigarette smoke it's subjected to.
  6. vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    A really beauty is that one. That classic in you face Spector tone...yea baby I love it!!!! :D