1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Addition - Spector Euro 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rod Harder, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Well,
    I had to do it, I have been looking for a Spector Euro 5 in white for a while now, and as luck would have it, Spector had one in stock at the factory in NY State, so thanks to Stuart and Mastercard I have added my 3rd Euro 5 to the family.
    Just unpacked it this afternoon, it looks amazing and is set up perfectly right out of the box.
    I haven't had a chance to plug it in and hear it through my rig, but I will post a full review and comparison of the Spector Tone Pump in this bass and the OBP-1's in my other Euro 5's.
    It looks amazing, the White/Gold color combo is very cool, very classic Spector looking, and the finish is perfect, now all I need is the Rebop 5 in Natural Oil I've been eyeing for a while now.......someone had better buy my MTD 5'er so I can get the Rebop and hold off the G.A.S. for a while......
    Anyhow, here are a couple pics:

2. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    wow- that is a beauty!!! classic spector is right. that's a design that has held up incredibly well over time. :bassist:

3. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    nice bass man, thats a killer looking spector. :eek:

4. that looks great man, I love how they look and sound but I don't really like their string spacing and fatter necks on the 5ers, it is totally a matter of personal taste. I would really dig a 4 stringers though. but they are sure great looking and sounding basses. I have always thought the plain white worked very well with the spector design.

5. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Congrats HM! I'm drooling. Killer bass.

My NS4-CRFM(Euro-4) has the white finish also. I may be wrong, but it's getting a really nice yellowish tint from all the cigarette smoke it's subjected to.

6. vacman

vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    A really beauty is that one. That classic in you face Spector tone...yea baby I love it!!!! :D