Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New addition to my arsenal (& a question)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ubersam, May 12, 2004.

1. ubersam

ubersam

Oct 12, 2000
    L.A.
    Check out my SR3005E (Prestige). I am very pleased! :D It must be the mahogany body, wenge/bubinga-stripe neck, Bartolini p-ups - this bass sounds so clear and defined. Add to that a fresh set of DR Sunbeams. I'm very impressed with the deeper lows, clearer mids & smoother zings. Sweep the blend more towards the bridge and I get growly. I've only played with it twice so far. The first night during practice, I thought it sounded too hi-fi through my rig (Eden WT600, EBS 210). I'm still experimenting with the controls to dial in some sounds. Though, I couldn't hear it well enough once everyone started playing, I need more cabs and maybe a poweramp. So the following night, through the house system - Wow, gigantic! Much better defenition than my SR885. The growl, once dialed in, is much more defined. And the lows, as I've mentioned, much deeper.

This is my first oil-finished bass. I love the natural wood look & feel. But since theres no laquer or poly to protect the wood, it gets dinged quite easily. I've already added a couple of minor scuffs. But the look, it's got me gassing for more. The only thing I'd change on this bass is the gold hardware that the original owner replaced the stock with. So now I'm trying to hunt down Black Chrome (Cosmo Black) tuning heads and knobs. If anyone has any leads, please help a bother out :help: thanks.

There is another part that I need, the mid/sweep concentric/ganged pots. It's a weird value - 20K/100K - and I can't seem to find it anywhere. So again, if anyone has any leads, I need :help:

Last question, does anyone know where the serial numbers are supposed to be on these SR3005s, please let me know. Other Ibanez basses and guitars that I've seen have them on the back of the headstock. Usually looks like F#######. This one just has a 5-digit number on the headstock inlay. Can anyone verify this for me?

I'll edit some images and upload some later.

2. ubersam

ubersam

Oct 12, 2000
    L.A.
    let see if this works

3. ubersam

ubersam

Oct 12, 2000
    L.A.

4. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    nice!

sorry i can't help with your questions.

f

5. I tried this one and the SR3000E (4 string) some time ago. Both were quite impressive but the string spacing is just a bit too small... The 5 string one I tried has a super hugh gap between the neck and the body! The 4 had a gap too but not as big as the one on the 5. :meh: That being said, I don't think I'll ever spend so much on a Japanese bass... Unless it's a Sadowsky Tokyo.. GAS!!! :D

6. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    I own the predecessor to this bass - the SR990 and I really like it :) The serial # for mine is on the back of the headstock.
    Congrats!! :bassist:

7. ubersam

ubersam

Oct 12, 2000
    L.A.
    Cool thing is that I didn't spend so much on it :D

Although, I think that getting this bass has got me jonesin' for more oil/clear finished basses. So, in a way it would still cause me to spend more... in the long run.