New Addition to my Spector Family !!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rod Harder, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Hey all,
    Just thought I'd share my new Spector with the TB gang. Just got it from Spector, it's a Czech bolt-on, but it's not a Rebop, it's a Czech bolt-on produced before the Rebops were introduced, the model is actually an NS2J5CR. I really wanted to have another White 5 string, and there are no White Rebops anymore so they dug this one out of the warehouse for me, it's VERY cool.
    It's a Solid Maple body, bolt on neck, with EMG HZ Double coils and an EMG BTS preamp. Sounds great, a little less warm than the Alder bodied Rebops but more growly and a bit more top end bite than the neck thru czech basses.
    The first thing I want to do is swap the HZ pickups for a set of DC40's, anyone with a set of DC40's available please PM me or reply in this post.
    Anyhow, here it is:

Attached Files:

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    White is classy. Nice.

3. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    Thats exactly what I was thinking too. Simple and elegant, I like it a lot.

4. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    +1

thats a nice looking spector, i love the 5 string head stocks as well.

5. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Man, that is sweet indeed brother! Congratulations!

6. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    That's one beautiful bass!! :hyper:

I LOVE my white Spectors.... (thank you Sting, Gene Simmons & Eddie Jackson for drawing my attention to them!!!) :bassist:

Enjoy! :)

Love your avatar as well! KISS Pandas.... too cool!! :p :D

7. You know, I really love the quilt and flame Spectors; the timber looks stunning. But I ended up buying a solid red euro SSD neck-though off eBay just because it was cheap ($460). Now I've seen it in the flesh I just love it. I think there is something in a solid colour on that curved body and the quality of finish is so good too. Enjoy your bass.

Ps. I didn't know Gene ever used a white Spector - doesn't seem like his sort of colour somehow. I see that Eddie is using a white (5-string) Spector again - cool.

8. nivce, very nice. one day, I'll have a white Euro Rebop in white:)

9. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    Yep, He had an old NS2J bolt on US Spector in white with twin EMG J pickups and a BadAss bridge. He used it in promo videos in the Asylum era as well as, I believe, having it as a back-up on the Asylum tour. You can also see it, if I recall correctly, on the 'Forever' promo video. :)

Eddie's back using white Spector 5's?!? Cool news! :bassist: