New Addition to my Spector Family !!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rod Harder, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Rod Harder

Rod Harder Supporting Member

Hey all,
    Just thought I'd share my new Spector with the TB gang. Just got it from Spector, it's a Czech bolt-on, but it's not a Rebop, it's a Czech bolt-on produced before the Rebops were introduced, the model is actually an NS2J5CR. I really wanted to have another White 5 string, and there are no White Rebops anymore so they dug this one out of the warehouse for me, it's VERY cool.
    It's a Solid Maple body, bolt on neck, with EMG HZ Double coils and an EMG BTS preamp. Sounds great, a little less warm than the Alder bodied Rebops but more growly and a bit more top end bite than the neck thru czech basses.
    The first thing I want to do is swap the HZ pickups for a set of DC40's, anyone with a set of DC40's available please PM me or reply in this post.
    Anyhow, here it is:

Attached Files:

2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    White is classy. Nice.
  3. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    Thats exactly what I was thinking too. Simple and elegant, I like it a lot.
  4. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada

thats a nice looking spector, i love the 5 string head stocks as well.
  5. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Man, that is sweet indeed brother! Congratulations!
  6. cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    That's one beautiful bass!! :hyper:

I LOVE my white Spectors.... (thank you Sting, Gene Simmons & Eddie Jackson for drawing my attention to them!!!) :bassist:

Enjoy! :)

Love your avatar as well! KISS Pandas.... too cool!! :p :D
  7. You know, I really love the quilt and flame Spectors; the timber looks stunning. But I ended up buying a solid red euro SSD neck-though off eBay just because it was cheap ($460). Now I've seen it in the flesh I just love it. I think there is something in a solid colour on that curved body and the quality of finish is so good too. Enjoy your bass.

Ps. I didn't know Gene ever used a white Spector - doesn't seem like his sort of colour somehow. I see that Eddie is using a white (5-string) Spector again - cool.
  8. nivce, very nice. one day, I'll have a white Euro Rebop in white:)
  9. cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    Yep, He had an old NS2J bolt on US Spector in white with twin EMG J pickups and a BadAss bridge. He used it in promo videos in the Asylum era as well as, I believe, having it as a back-up on the Asylum tour. You can also see it, if I recall correctly, on the 'Forever' promo video. :)

Eddie's back using white Spector 5's?!? Cool news! :bassist: