new addition to the family ! Warwick Corvette $$Double Buck! ( pics )

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by .-.LeX.-., May 22, 2008.

1. wasnt feeling the new epiphone thunderbird i picked up, so i brought it back to GC and upgraded to a brand new warwick corvette double buck, natural finish.

this bass is sick, the tonal range options on the bass are limitless, plays smooth!

i am a first time warwick owner , my other bass is a ernie ball musicman HH, ---- is there some sort of wax or oil i am suppused to rub into the wood every so often?

thanks!

2515182978_7b467c1bec_o.png

2515182984_b9f473a70b_o.png

2515182986_5e1892924e_o.png

2515182994_69f387aae2_o.png

2515183000_798bc2fd01_o.png

Attached Files:

2. did GC have other finishes? like the colored ones or the high polish finishes? for those you don't have to wax it ever because the wood is completely sealed in.

IMHO the natural finishes looks really good, but it's a high maintenance to have to wax it every week, and especially those parts that come in contact with your arm and hands. (This was what I read from the warwick manual). But of course, whether you want to wax it or not is entirely up to you. The manual advises to wax it every week.

Anyways, congratulations, that's a awesome looking bass you have there!

3. the GC i was at also had the ' nirvana black ' one.... it looked cool, but didnt like it as much as the natural.

im just starting to open the manual, Every week eh? that seems a bit excessive, can anybody confirm what they do in real life situations to keep it looking good? ... what will happen if i neglect to wax it?

4. rudedogg

rudedogg

Mar 23, 2007
    Hey great looking new axe! I have the same in the transparent blue finish. I like your natural finish better and wish i had gone with that....ya wanna trade? Any way, you should have recieved a can of Warwick wax in the gig bag. You should put a generous coat on her the first time, and then maybe every other week for a little while. You can lighten up after a few coats as a protective layer will build up. Your manual should have the care info for all the finishes available. I had a natural Vette std. and it was very easy to care for and durable.

Enjoy!

5. the_fonz

the_fonz

Nov 27, 2006
    Kane, PA
    congrats, man
    the double buck has always been my favorite Warwick model

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Very cool. Like one of the other posters, I have a blue $$ and it's a fantastic bass. It blows away most everything else I have played. Definitely a keeper!

7. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
  8. it actually didnt come with any in the gig bag, guess i got jipped.... though i just ordered the warwick surface wax online and should be here in a few days.

what will happen to the wood if neglected?

9. Earwigger

Earwigger I'm a Roland man now.

Aug 23, 2005
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I ordered a $$ 5er in Green which had to be made in Germany since there were no gree ones available in the states and it was supposed to be here a few days ago - instead, it's lost somewhere between here and Germany and no one knows where it is.

Congrats on yours though! I want to hear some sound clips.

10. iirc, from the warwick manual, it says the wood will change color at the parts that come in contact with you arm and hands.

11. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime

Mar 30, 2008
    Florida
    As much as I love natural ... it just doesn't look good on Warwicks. Sorry. That honey violin is great looking though.

12. rudedogg

rudedogg

Mar 23, 2007
    probably not a whole lot, im sure it was waxed before it left the factory. It says in the owners manual to wax it every week, but i only went over mine about once a month or so and it always looked good. I dripped beer, sweat, etc. on my natural 'Wick and it always cleaned up just fine. Once you get your wax just get er done up real good and then when needed. Its going to depend on how much you play and what you spill on it:D

13. my owners manual actually says once a month, but the website says once a week... either way, im sure once a month should be sufficent enough for this finish.

14. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    I'd love to see pics of all of your $$'s. The only one I've seen in person is the black one. You guys with the blues and greens (and any other color), please feel free to post some pics. Thanks. My son has been salivating for one of these for awhile now; but unfortunately, he can't afford one. ;)

15. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I have the same in Nirvana Black. The grain has started to show through the color now and has made it a really cool looking bass. Not to mention the versatility of this bass. I love it. This is my first Warwick too. Congrats. Have fun. :)

16. dystopiate

dystopiate

Feb 21, 2008
    New York City
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar
    You should've gotten a portfolio with a manual, cloth, bee's wax, and allen wrenches. If you didn't, I would go back to GC and get them.

I just recently picked up the same bass in Nirvana Black from Greg @ Rocket Music. I was never into Warwick's until I played a few $$.

17. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    +1. Mine came with it too, and I don't need to wax because it's colored.

18. MHensleyJr

MHensleyJr Supporting Member

May 5, 2008
    Redlands, CA
    I've got a late 90's Corvette FNA and I've never waxed it. Seems fine to me...

19. i did get the portfolio with the gig bag, but in the wax comportment was an extra set of strap locks.

when asked where it was( the wax ) the guy said it didnt come with it.

i love the natural finish, the only other color i would of considered would be the honey violin color, though... i couldnt find a GC in my area that had it....

20. Chriss62

Chriss62

Jul 24, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    What does FNA stand for?