Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New addition to the family...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Blackbird, Jul 10, 2001.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Ooops, I did it again. My latest Carles Benavent/Jonas Hellborg fixaton got me jonesin' for a more acoustic sounding instrument. Well, here it is. It's a Godin A4. It's got a dent at the bottom of the body and the thumbrest has been removed (and I'd love to hear suggestions on how to get a replacement)

Here are some pictures of the bass. I'm thinking of getting a fretless eventually.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Shes purdy, can I have her, please...Ill wash her, and feed her, and play with her, and take her for walks...:D

3. Nice addition! :)

I was looking at a Godin a while back at basspalace.com.I really like the smooth clean look they have.Any thoughts on how(or if) you will fix that wee dent?

4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Thank you.

I intend to leave the dent well enough alone. If I ignore it, it might go away. (hey, a guy can dream, can't he?)

Oh, and Dr. Manhattan watches the Watchmen. From afar. Him and Ozymandias.

5. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I played a Godin Fretless 5 (would that be the A5F?) a few months back at Mars. It was sweet. They had it in the acoustic room instead of with the rest of the basses. I could go in there and play it as long as I wanted with no interuptions. I came up with several devious plans as to how to acquire it, but my conscious always seemed to get the best of me. It had a very pleasing, gentle tone to it. If I ever spring for a fretless, that'll be the animal. The design seems to really compliment fretless well.

It was reasonably priced I thought. I think they wanted about $800 for it new.

7. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Nice bass BW. It should compliment the rest of the gang nicely. thats all

note-i'm still at school, thats the only way i can get to a computer this early.