New Addition to the Spector Family......

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rod Harder, May 14, 2003.

1. Rod Harder

Rod Harder Supporting Member

Hey everyone,
    Just had to to share the new arrival with you all, I just got my new NS5CRFM Black Cherry from the good folks at Spector, and I'm as happy as, well, pretty freakin' happy to say the least. I had to break down and buy a 5'er for the cover gig I'm doing and it kicks serious butt. I'm down to only 3 Spectors now, but more will join the clan soon.
    It's got an OBP-1 just like my Plum Stain NS4CRFM so it's a killer sounding bass and I won't have to re-EQ my rig when I switch basses, so I'm lovin' life right now. Anyhow, I know you have to post pics if you wanna share the new arrivals so here they are:
  2. Rod Harder

3. Rod Harder

And the family photo:
  4. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I am sooo jealous! A czech spector is on my "must have" bass list! That thing is gorgeous man- nice score!
  5. Rod Harder

Hey Geoff,
    How's the Dingwall 6 treating you ? I was down to see Sheldon a couple months ago and got to see the shop and hang for a while and my next bass is going to be an oil finish Z2 5 String with an Alder body and an OBP-1, I used a demo bass which was an unfinished Zebra 5 with an Alder body and NO finish for a gig I did and it was UNBELIEVABLE, so that's the next on the list for me.
    Hope things are good in Ontario for you.....drop me a line sometime.....
  6. Rod Harder

Here's a better body shot.....
  7. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Haha! My Czech spectors are the opposite of yours.... My 4str is black cherry, and my 5str is plum stain. :D
  8. Cool! I've had a Czech 5 string for 3 years now - it's the older version with dot inlays, blueburst, 34" scale and the EMG pups! I still love it to bits! Have a Korean REX 2000/5 as well.

Actually I just sold my 3rd Spector about 1 month ago....... Thats 3 Czech Spectors I've sold....bass wheelin' and dealin':)

Enjoy the new bass!

Oh - why are there red tuningpegs on one of your Spectors:confused:
  9. Rod Harder

The red Schallers on the Black NS2A were installed by the the Scorpions' bass tech around late 1997.I had loaned the bass to my younger brother, who was playing with the support act for the Scorpions/Alice Cooper 1997 tour , and of one of the tuners seized up while on the road just before a show. The Scorps' tech gave my bro the tuners, ( I believe the Scorps' bassist was using Spector at the time also) and put'em on and did a full set-up on the bass for free, which was very cool because as the support act they were not exactly swimming in $$$. When I got the bass back I left them on for the simple reason that they work fine, and that bass is not going to win any beauty contests anyhow, so they're staying.

10. Cool!

Yeah, keep them on......if it ain't broke don't fix it!
  11. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Really nice. Spectors used to be my main bass of choice & I've had 4's & 5's & their all great basses!!!