1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New AEBD!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hopwheels, Oct 30, 2019.

1. hopwheels

hopwheels Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2015
    Atlanta, GA
    Originals band is heading into some new territory and an acoustic electric will fill the bill. I watched and listened to a bunch of demos and read reviews in my price range and the Ibanez AEB10E got the vote. So here she is. Initial impression is pretty good. Action seems a bit high (I have no experience sanding down the bridge saddle in a bass like this) and the front strap pin screw isn’t biting wood. Seems solid though out of the box. We’ll see next Tuesday how it performs in the band dynamic.
    0D3F61BB-D109-4A39-A77B-7000F365180F.jpeg

B-Mac likes this.
  2. Jebberz

Jebberz Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Quebec city
    Nice one... basing on the title, I thought you were trying a weird alternate tuning... :unsure:

eJake and hopwheels like this.
  3. Congrats! I’ve got an Ibanez AEB5E acoustic with 6-year old D’Addario Tapes and I love it. Enjoy!

jd56hawk likes this.
  4. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Don't waste any time.
    Put on some good strings!
    [​IMG]

B-Mac likes this.
  5. mikeoso

mikeoso Acoustic Curmudgeon

Feb 14, 2014
    eastern Iowa
    Agree with tapes...Dadds or Rotos or LaBellas. I'd wait on lowering the action. ABGs need a bit more room under the strings to move right. Try to get extra meat on the string...thumb or side of finger, and pluck closer to the neck.

B-Mac likes this.