1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Aguilar 112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hmjuice, Feb 28, 2002.

1. hmjuice

hmjuice

May 20, 2000
    Austin, TX USA
    I would first like to thank everyone for all of there helpful advice on my previous threads dealing with the purchase of a smaller rig. I was very fortunate that there is a high end dealer in town that had EA, EBS and Aguilar all under the same roof. I had a chance to try all of them with my basses and for the money I could not pass up the Aguilar 112. Although I did buy 2 because the difference in punch from 1 to 2 was more than 3 times the head room:D.

I did a small club gig 2 days later and I played them half as loud as in rehearsal the previous day. What a great sound on the low B, you could almost feel it more than you could hear it :) . Now the QSC 2402 helps with 425 watts into each one but I never turned the volume passed 4 o'clock on the amp. The best part was walking out of the club with a cab in each hand and my bass in a gig bag on my back. Don't have to go to the Chiropractor this month.

hmjuice

GROOVE IS THE ANSWER