Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Aguilar 112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hmjuice, Feb 28, 2002.

1. hmjuice

hmjuice

May 20, 2000
    Austin, TX USA
    I would first like to thank everyone for all of there helpful advice on my previous threads dealing with the purchase of a smaller rig. I was very fortunate that there is a high end dealer in town that had EA, EBS and Aguilar all under the same roof. I had a chance to try all of them with my basses and for the money I could not pass up the Aguilar 112. Although I did buy 2 because the difference in punch from 1 to 2 was more than 3 times the head room:D.

I did a small club gig 2 days later and I played them half as loud as in rehearsal the previous day. What a great sound on the low B, you could almost feel it more than you could hear it :) . Now the QSC 2402 helps with 425 watts into each one but I never turned the volume passed 4 o'clock on the amp. The best part was walking out of the club with a cab in each hand and my bass in a gig bag on my back. Don't have to go to the Chiropractor this month.

hmjuice

GROOVE IS THE ANSWER