Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Aguilar cab line?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pickles, Mar 14, 2006.

1. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
  2. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Is that why the S series is on sale everywhere? Either way, Aguilar puts out a great product, and I can't wait to see when they get the same wide recognition as Ampeg, GK, Eden, etc. They're pretty recognizable right now, but I think it's only time before they are mentioned in the same breath as those other companies. I bought one of the Musicians Friend S 4x10 cabs, and it was the best $450 (including shipping) music-related purchase that I ever made. After the first night I gigged it, I wanted to get the 2x10. Unfortunatley, Musician Friend sold out the last of the stock the night before. I've been watching the 2x10 prices everywhere else, hoping that they'll come down to $200 like MF, but they're still over $300 everywhere else.

Anyways, wasn't the DB debuted at Namm?

Edit: Duh, I is stupid. Me no click on link before posting. Me ask if cab at NAMM show. Link state that cab at NAMM. :D

3. pickles

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I have and love a GS410, and also picked up an S410 to leave at a friends house I jam at every couple weeks ... so far I think the S410 is fantastic! And not just "for the money". You'd never mistake it for a GS410, or a Goliath II as some have alleged. Its got its own punchy, squishy, fat sound. And its a breeze to carry. The GS is much more articulate and focussed, but not as warm or fat.

I can't wait to see what they've come up with next!

4. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    FWIW, the GC in Union Square NY was selling GS210's for $400, and the S410 for $433...

pretty decent prices.

5. Sounds like these new cabs are similar to the Berg NV line... upscale vintage. That makes a lot of sense to me, since that's the way their heads sound. There heads, to me, are not really voiced for the 'ported tweeter thing'. They might do well with these, if I'm understanding the concept correctly.

6. pickles

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Thats what I was hoping ... bring it on!

7. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I agree 100%. The only cabinet I've enjoyed playing through more than the S 4x10 would be an Eden. There's only one thing I don't like about the Aguilar: I wish it could take more wattage. At 101 db, it is rather efficient, but with a rating of 500 watts, I'd like to see efficiencies around 104 or 105. But considering its portability, it wouldn't be a big pain to bring two of these to a gig (and I may just purchase another one :D ).

8. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

So are these new cabs sealed? If so SWEET!!!!!

9. I assumed they were from the general description and the vintage look... but I'm totally guessing.

10. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    I spoke to Mr. Boonshoft and they should be available by the end of the month. I am getting a Monster Green DB410 w/ matching tolex head case for my DB750:hyper:

11. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    funny,

i was thinking, they were gonna be more like the Sadowsky cab sound. more aggro.

"They feature our custom cast frame drivers and were made to have a super punchy midrange while maintaining the full range, deep bottomed, Aguilar sound. "

that day at the shop, i got to hear the NV610 before it left for a new owner, and thought the sadowsky was more punchy with the extra air of the tweets.

either way, i'm pysched to try 'em, too. wonder if Dave'll let me sneak into the shop sometime this week. :p

12. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    oh snap!

pics ASAYGTFC!!!! :D

13. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    No Doubt I will ASAIGTFGC;)

14. pickles

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Kick the details! Are they sealed? Any specs released?

15. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    I believe sealed w/ a tweeter?

16. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    Any idea on pricing for these yet?

17. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    niiiiice... if they make a 112nt in white, I'll be a broke man!

18. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Bassist
    It's not one of the cabs coming out now, but I'd also love a 112. No matter if they use white, black or brown, although if I have to choose one white ismy choice.:)

19. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    These are some cool cabs, right here. But how long before Aguilar makes a powerful, compact(ish), lightweight(ish) all tube head again? Seems like these cabs just scream for the real deal.

20. mattvon

mattvon

Jan 22, 2006
    Minneapolis, MN
    +1!