1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NEW AGUILAR MINI CABS!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by akaTRENT, Oct 23, 2010.

1. akaTRENT

akaTRENT

Jan 10, 2009
    New Jersey
  2. naturalkinds

naturalkinds

Jan 22, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Hmm. How mini are those? 10s or 12s in a smaller box?

3. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    They weigh 25lbs, and have a 12 and a horn. These could be some of the best Aguilar boxes I've heard. Just a little awkward sizing. Pretty skinny and short, but very deep, and a strap handle on the side. Very smooth sounding with good punch. I believe the horn is eq'd a little lower like the horn in the Thunderchild. (approximately) From what I've read in threads, I'd say it's maybe between a Berg HT112er and a Thunderchild. Again, this is an approximation.
    At any rate, very nice boxes.

4. I was kinda hoping for tens, but don't ask me why...

5. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I forgot.... The only thing that seemed a little off was that the boxs are 8ohms and rated at only 250 watts. It seems a little lower power rating than many other single 12 boxes.

6. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    Everything you just said is giving me some serious, serious GAS.

7. interesting looking stuff, ive been wanting to try their jack cassidy 2x8 for a while now..

8. They look to be exactly the same size as the DB112's but way lighter.

9. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    huh. is it a weird angle in the pic? i know the GS112's are about 40 lbs, not 25, but with the head and pedal board on the top it looks like they're about the size of the GS112's.

do they have any info anywhere on them? i LOVE my GS112's and don't really need any smaller cabs right now, but always good to know about Aggy stuff.

lol... i'm getting to be such an Aggy fanboy. they have VERY interesting takes on pedals. dig them a lot.

10. Andy Will

Andy Will

Apr 11, 2003
    London, England
    Darn, was hoping for a 'tweaked' AG500 as their new product :(
    Something like an AG501 with a leeetle more power and maybe a 'switched' option to layer the overdrive channel over the clean one instead of (or as well as) being a separate channel. Any other goodies from Aguilar's mad scientists would also rule and I really have no need for a micro-amp from them (as a few people are asking) as those things look a little underwhelming onstage sat on top of a 4x10 I.M.H.O

.........pretty much the slightly more power at 8 Ohms would have done it for me! ;) Still love my AG500 anyway but have the feeling boosting the power might conflict with the DB751 in Aguilar's product range.

Let's see if one of these little cabs makes it's way into my house though! Haha! :D

11. Nice!

12. naturalkinds

naturalkinds

Jan 22, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    Dang dawg. 25 lbs for an Aguilar 112?!

13. WHOA!! very interested . . .

14. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks I build Grosbeak Guitars and Basses Commercial User

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Grosbeak Guitars
    I wonder if there will be an Aguilar mini head to go along with these.

15. ^^ now THAT would be flipping awesome!!

16. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Now let's see where they price them!

17. depalm

depalm

Apr 22, 2004
    São Paulo
    I wonder if there will be mini bassists to go along with these.

18. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    guess i'll be calling in sick on monday to visit... uhhhhhhh... my gramms?? ;)

but dang, about EFFING TIME

19. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    when and where did you try them, b?

20. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    These look to be promising. I'm also hoping Aguilar has a new amp soon, something to compete with the lightweight heads out there.