1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NEW Aguilar OBP-2SK (Stack Knob) 2 Band preamp $100 shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by ExaltBass, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExaltBass

ExaltBass Gold Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    NEW in box, never installed Aguilar OBP-2SK (stack knob pot) preamp. INCLUDES center detent 50 K linear dual concentric pot.

[​IMG]

$100.00 shipped CONUS & Canada

The OBP-2 was designed to give bassists fat tone while being small enought fit into tight control cavities. Wire this preamp with one 9 volt battery and it will fit into just about any instrument. With +/-18dB of boost and cut at 40Hz and +/- 16dB of treble boost and cut at 6.5 kHz you have can emphasize just the right frequencies to make your bass sound great in any mix.

Specs

Bass control: plus/minus 18 dB @ 40 Hz.
    Treble control: plus/minus 16 dB @ 6.5 KHz.
    Input impedance: 1 meg ohm
    Output impedance: 100 ohm 9 or 18 volts operation. Additional 6dB with 18 volts.
    Distortion: .019 into 10k ohm load
    Noise: -95 dBm unweighted.
    Battery life: 324 hours
    Wire lead length: 6.50 inches

Low noise discrete FET input stage, center detent 50 K linear pots,with dual concentric pot.

Dimensions: 0.98"W x 0.98"L x 0.59"D

2. ExaltBass

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Some actual pics

IMG_0461.

IMG_0466.

3. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Extremely interested. You may or may not know, but any idea if you could combine wiring options provided from the Aggie site? Can you compare this to any other pre's out there? Guess I'm off to the pups forum :)
    Edit, PM incoming

4. ExaltBass

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    You should be able to do either stack or separate pots per the wiring diagrams. I never used it (intended bass is gone now), so I can't comment - but Aggies get a lot of love here.

5. Commreman

Commreman Faith, Family, Fitness, and Frets Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2005
    New Jersey
    I had that same preamp in my Valenti. It is very, very flexible in that it offers both boost and cut. This is a good deal on a great preamp!

6. ExaltBass

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Yeah, I'm sorry I never used it. The cut/boost with stack knob looked cool! I was going to put it into one of my P-Basses (now traded), but decided to stay passive... but, I AM an active sort of guy!

7. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    'Nother PM sent... :hyper:

8. ExaltBass

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Sale pending

9. ExaltBass