1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NEW ALL BASS STORE NEAR DENVER METRO AREA - Premier Bass Guitars

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by L. L. Elwood, Jan 3, 2012.

1. L. L. Elwood

L. L. Elwood

Jan 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Hey all, not sure if this is the right forum to mention this - There is a brand new ALL BASS store in the greater Denver area ( between Denver and Boulder in Superior). It's called Premier Bass Guitars. It is run by a gentleman named Dan Basica and it is without question the nicest music store to feature bass gear that has ever been in Colorado. Dan carries everything from Lull, Surine, ZON to Roscoe, Lakland and Sadowsky... and lots in between.

Upon walking into the store, i was warmly greeted by Dan and immediately struck up a conversation regarding all things bass. I've found in the past that stores carrying serious to high end bass gear sometimes have a tone of exclusivity or even snobbery. Almost like you feel in a jewelry store where you can't touch but feel free to look.

Not the case with Dan's store, It's a warm welcoming atmosphere that encourages trying, comparing and enjoying all the beautiful and amazing sounding gear.

The store is set up in such a manner that encourages grabbing a bass and trying it out. There are two cool circular carpeted "play" areas where you're surrounded by various amps that really invite you to plug in and compare gear.

The store is beautiful, modern and warm. But the real kicker is the friendly inclusive feeling you get from Dan and the staff when you go there.

It also helps that they carry a massive selection of bass strings that would satisfy probably 95% of the bass population... I use D'addario prosteels and of course they had the exact gauge i use in stock... and the pricing was VERY VERY reasonable. Dan said that he is very conscious of keeping his pricing very competitive especially on things like strings.

If you're in the Denver Area, Check it out.

FYI - i'm not in any way affiliated with Premier Bass Guitars, Just really blown away by what a great store it is!

Premier Bass Guitar
    855-830-0007
    2800 Rock Creek Cir, B1
    Superior, CO 80027

2. howardkohler

howardkohler

Jan 7, 2012
    Denver
    Couldn't agree more. I went there for the first time a couple weeks ago with a buddy of mine. Dan is kind of a horse trader, so you never know what he's going have there. Definitely a place to visit if you are find yourself in the North metro area.

3. MonkeyBass

MonkeyBass

Mar 22, 2009
    Denver, CO
    I'll have to go check it out.

Remember "First Bass" on South Broadway? I never liked that guy, so it'd be great to have a bass-exclusive store in Denver where the owner isn't a jerk.

4. My youngest daughter lives in Superior (I'm in Texas). I'll have to see this store when I visit this summer.

LeNi

5. I have relatives in Denver! Will go next time I am visiting!

6. Oldtimer

Oldtimer Supporting Member

May 4, 2002
    New Mexico
    Hey Rob! Don't know if you remember, but my wife and I checked out your band 2 years ago during the Balloon Festival.
    It was in old town at the gazebo. Anyway, definitely check out Premier Bass Guitars. Dan is great and I recently bought my Sadowsky Will Lee from him. I also have a Yamaha BBN5-A on consignment with him. I second the opinion on string selection, he appears to have almost everything.

7. groovaholic

groovaholic The louder the better.

Sep 19, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Sounds like I had the same great experience there as everyone else.

Seems that multiple threads popped up right around when they opened, and it's great to see that their enthusiasm is still right there, every day.

MonkeyBass mentioned "First Bass Denver" -- that was my first experience with a "bass boutique" and they had some really cool stuff, long before the internet was around to show us what cool stuff was! But I can see where the attitude vibe would put some people off.

The vibe at Premier is really warm and communal; it reminded me of a less cluttered Bass Northwest.

8. Aw "Hawk" was alright once you got to know him. He's the one who turned me on to Modulus Basses and he wasn't wrong about them.

9. Betrayer_Bass

Betrayer_Bass Profanity Fish.

Sep 24, 2011
    Oslo, Norway
    Endorsing: Spector basses, Winspear Picks, Spector Formula 603 strings
    I don't know anyone in Denver, but I will go to this store regardless!

10. SmokinJazz

SmokinJazz

Mar 17, 2013
    Denver
    They turned me on to Lakland basses. They had some real top-notch items. They have been closed for a while because Dan had cancer and unfortunately passed away - It was a real shame, Dan and his staff were great! It was quite a drive for me to go, but I would do so sometimes just to hang out.

11. orbix

orbix

Aug 19, 2005
    Broomfield, CO
    I know I'm not the only one that misses Dan and his shop- so who the heck do you guys visit now as an alternative?