Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New American deluxe series (Fender of course)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JHMAVRO, Aug 29, 2000.

1. JHMAVRO

JHMAVRO

May 29, 2000
    hooksett NH USA
    How are these supposed to be different from the regular American Deluxes???????
    I tried them both last night and came to this conclusion:
    Give me a made in japan Marcuss Miller bass.

2. gmstudio99

gmstudio99

Mar 11, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    I don't think there was any difference announced between the 99 American Deluxe series and the 00 American Deluxe series...the biggest changeover was in the Standard series...I think the Deluxes stayed exactly the same.

-GM

3. JHMAVRO

JHMAVRO

May 29, 2000
    hooksett NH USA
    I read in a thread that Fender is saying these are "Better" than the regular American Deluxe.
    Also the tags say " New American Deluxe. and they used to just say "American Deluxe."

4. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    This is the difference, prepare thyself for the ULTIMATE information:

The difference between the American Deluxe and "The NEW american Deluxe series" IS:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Nothing else than the price tag.

Fender SUCKS!! Fender is just about making money.
    Ok, every bussiness is about making money. But pleeeasee dont charge a Plutonic price tag on something is not worth it.
    Would you pay $1800 for a Fender Bass???
    I would not. I would expend that in a Warwick or a Modulus.
    I hate Fender Guitars. You wanna get a real Leo ?? get a G&L

5. Offbase

Offbase

Mar 9, 2000
    The old American Deluxes shared the same pups & electronics as the MIM Dlx's, but had the following different features: alder or ash (as opposed to crappy poplar) bodies; down-sized body & headstock; 22-fret neck; rolled fingerboard edges; "deluxe" (not really -- plastic POS) lightweight tuners, and "deluxe" nut and fret work. The new ones now have added traditional-looking "noiseless" (stacked double coil) pickups, which sound much more like a passive J, tone-wise -- just more power and tone control. It's a whole different instrument, gents!

6. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I don't know if the original poster is talking about the American Deluxe Jazz or American Deluxe Precision, but the "Guitar and Bass Player's Guide, " Winter 2000, says the American Deluxe Precision has one "new design" humbucking pickup plus one American vintage P-Bass pickup among other qualities. Both the A.D. Jazz and A.D. Precision are said to have "downsized" alder bodies. The write up is not clear if the "downsizing" is new or that part of being "deluxe" is that the bodies are always downsized. The A.D. Precision lists at $1.549.99 and the A.D. Jazz lists at the same price. Who ever pays list price, though?

Jason Oldsted

7. gmstudio99

gmstudio99

Mar 11, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Geez...speak your mind, dude...Don't hold back! What do you REALLY think?

---
    Jason,

The 99 models have a downsized body as well, kind of why I've always NOT liked the MIA Deluxe Jazz, (I just love that big flat J plank o' wood for some reason) but DO like my MIA Deluxe Precision (actually, my P w/ downsized body is a 97, so they've had that for a while.)

I'm still confused, maybe, on the original question...we're looking for differences between 99 MIA Deluxes and 00 MIA Deluxes, correct? Not Standard or MIM or New Amerian Series or anything like that, right? (Fender has so many "Variations on a Theme" that it gets confusing rather quickly! Glad they do, though...)

I'lll go check with me "people"...

-GM

8. JHMAVRO

JHMAVRO

May 29, 2000
    hooksett NH USA
    Im just posting 'cos I forgot to check th E-mail box. :eek:

9. Offbase

Offbase

Mar 9, 2000
    The ONLY difference between 99 & 00 MIA Dlx's are the "Noiseless" pickups. (Which also were actually begun during the '99 production phase.) Fender did not advertize the Dlx's as a new "series".