New American Fender Colors...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ChronicPyromaniac, Jan 28, 2002.

1. ChronicPyromaniac

Jan 25, 2001
    I was checkin' out MF's website today, and saw that the American P-Bass comes in some new colors: 2-Tone Sunburst, Chrome Red, Sky Blue, and Sunset Orange Transparent (which was previously used on the Hot-Rodded Am. P's). Just thought some of you guys would like to know.
  2. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I'm not sure what intrigues me about Fender colors, but they amuse me to no end. :) Can't say I care for the Sunset Orange, but the others are top-notch in my eyes.
  3. SteveBob

Jul 5, 2001
    i hate colors on basses.. i love to see grain...
  4. JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    This has been a HUGE issue with me for a long time, and I've just about had all I can take! I love Fender basses and own a few of my own, but for the love of GOD, I don't understand why I can get classic Fender custom colors from EVERY OTHER BASS MANUFACTURER IN THE WORLD except Fender!!! About the only colors you can get without going through the custom shop are 3-tone sunburst and BLACK! Sadowsky, Lakland, Warmoth, Lull, and even foreign-made lookalikes come in Candy Apple Red, Lake Placid Blue, Inca Silver, Sherwood Green, Shoreline Gold, etc. It is an absolute crime that you can't order a '62 reissue in Candy Apple Red, or that you can't get an American Standard in a metalic color.
    I'm going to bed now! :mad:
  5. istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    If you want shoreline gold go for the Squire. :D
  6. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    sweet! sky blue! off I go to check it out... :D
  7. I'd love the orange bass...

By the way Bruce Thomas had an orange (or fiesta red?) P-bass...