1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New American Idol Judges Jackson, Tyler, Lopez, & Iovine (mentor)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Richland123, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    That oughtta pretty much finish off the show. Without Cowell, it's deader than a doornail.

3. RIP American Idol

4. tycobb73

tycobb73

Jul 23, 2006
    Grand Rapids MI
    I'll give it a chance. I'm guessing tyler can be entertaining. Too bad the one that gave the best advice (Kara) also didn't have an outragious personality like the others and got overshadowed.

5. fishtx

fishtx

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    agreed...totally not interested this season...

6. Tampabass

Tampabass Going Viral By 2080 Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Tampa
    Iovine could be interesting - he engineered "Born to Run" and was the producer on albums by Tom Petty, U2 ("Under a Blood Red Sky") and Dire Straits. I'd be surprised if J. Lo or Steven Tyler will really offer much, although I really loved early Aerosmith. And about Randy - nice guy and good bass player and all, dawg, but ...

7. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    non-relevant show finds new way to get even less relevant. News at 11.

Be done already. I give it half a season. Seacrest (gladly) out.

8. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

He's DEAD, Jim! (cue Star Trek music).

Even if JLo and Tyler turn out to have interesting comments, does anyone seriously think they're going to stick around more than one season? We used to watch it because the kids wanted to and they lost interest last season. Nothing going on this year.

9. Tampabass

Tampabass Going Viral By 2080 Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Tampa
    Jackson, Tyler, Lopez and Iovine - is that a law firm?

10. Rocker949

Rocker949

Apr 20, 2005
    There aren't many "musical" figures out there that I would respect less than Jennifer Lopez. I don't even consider her a real singer, mainly because she isn't. Whoever made the decision to hire her is an idiot. Steven Tyler, however, is certainly more than qualified. Ellen Degeneres wasn't qualified to be a judge, either.

11. Steven Tyler looks like an elderly lesbian these days. Maybe he always did...

12. Rocker949

Rocker949

Apr 20, 2005
  13. Good riddance... A show that constantly spews bad music is not a show I want clogging up my airwaves

14. RHFusillo

RHFusillo Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ
    "Will Judge Lopez please stand up and turn around? I can't hear what she's saying."

15. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    He's dead, Jim. This is really funny.

16. blubolt

blubolt

May 18, 2005
    Turlock, CA
  17. what does jlo know about singing? shes been known to record takes that have to be cut word for word, and sometimes syllable by syllable. i guess they just needed another frantic washed up woman on the show.

18. pnut166

pnut166

Jun 5, 2008
    alabama
    I quit caring when they got rid of Paula. Just kidding. I never cared.

19. Rocker949

Rocker949

Apr 20, 2005
    Especially this line, "He's worse than dead; his brain is gone." The same can be said for the train wreck known as AI. Please, somebody put it out of its misery.

20. Rocker949

Rocker949

Apr 20, 2005
    LMAO

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021