Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New amp advice: Ashdown or Eden

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by krazyslow, Mar 26, 2005.

1. krazyslow

krazyslow

Mar 12, 2005
    San Angelo
    I have played a few ashdown heads and I dig their sound, but I have never played through an eden. I'm looking at possibly the eden wt800 or one of the abm series ashdowns. I need something reliable that can take hard gigging. I play alternative rock. If anyone has played through both amps and could compare them, that would be great!

Thanks guys!!

2. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Well if you haven't played an Eden I'd make that your first objective. See how you like one first, then proceed from there.

You may think it sucks, which would kinda narrow down your choices rather helpfully wouldn't it?

3. I love both, for different reasons.

I think the Ashdown ABM series (which I went with) is a high end, qulaity product. It has buckets of power and excellent construction, but I bought one of the early combos so I can only comment on the a/b testing i have done with the newer stuff.

Definitely stay away from the low end product - not good at all.

As for Eden, I never played one I don't like. Same as above, heaps of power and good construction. Maybe, for me, the tone was a little bright and didn't really warm up enough for my liking, but that could be my ears as much as anything else.

Have a test of an Eden, you will enjoy the experience. Then just go with what makes you happiest.

Good gear to have a choice between, anyway....

4. I've used my Eden WT-800 for hundreds of gigs and it's never let me down, and I run it flat, I never have to use EQ. I also have an Ashdown 210 combo that I've been using the last year and it's also a very roadworthy amp. I think both companies build great amps. I'm currently selling my WT-800 because I am going the power amp/pre amp route.

5. maxbass

maxbass

May 22, 2002
    Milano Italy
    IMHO Eden blows Ashdown many miles away.
    If you can afford both brands, buy an Eden! :cool: