1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New amp day, Ampeg BA 210 V2

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by twelvetrombones, Nov 30, 2017.

1. twelvetrombones

twelvetrombones Martian Ambassador Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2017
    Portland, OR
    Test drove this vs a Fender Rumble 500 at GC and decided to go for Ampeg. I say it is an improvement over the Fender Rumble 25 I had before.

It isn't quite as powerful as the Rumble 500 but I preferred the tone of the Ampeg, plus the price tag with rebate is almost $200 less.

Might get an extension cab in the future as well if it holds up.

20171130_124018.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  2. High Camp

High Camp

Oct 3, 2013
    Netherlands
    Congratulations on your score!
    And for the future: a PF210HE could be the extension cabinet for you. :)

plav1959 and twelvetrombones like this.
  3. Bubble

Bubble

Apr 17, 2013
    Ohio
    I have a BA-210V2 on top of a BSE115T and it will make your hair fly.

twelvetrombones likes this.
  4. Bubble

Bubble

Apr 17, 2013
    Ohio
    The Rumble 500 as I read, sends most of it's power to the combo cabinet, and only allows 150 watts for the external cabinet, 350 watts internal cabinet. The BA210 splits it 50 50 , so without any external cabinet only develops about 225 watts. 450 watts with two 8 ohm cabinets. That pretty much leaves it up to speaker SPL and some perceptual harmonics when both drive their max speaker load.

5. Bubble

Bubble

Apr 17, 2013
    Ohio
    It's a tough choice between the two, if I could, I'd have both. The Ampegs are more tuned to my sonic preference, that strong sort of sound. I tried to mimic it with an equalizer and BP90 pedal , close but not quite.
    My new BA-210V2 does show a little fret buzz that my old amp doesn't. I didn't know it was there. I only need to raise the A string a minute bit. Actually sounds sort of good. I may try some sort of Sitar leaf spring to push under the strings for some special effects, then remove it when I want clean bass.