New Amp Day (Ampeg Content)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Kmonk, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Kmonk

Kmonk

Oct 18, 2012
    South Shore, Massachusetts
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan, Nordstrand Pickups, Korg , Conquest Sound
    Earlier today, I picked up a U.S made SVT Classic head with a U.S. made SVT 410HLF. The seller threw in a cover for the cab, a bunch of cables and Livewire HA04 Headphone Amp, unopened in the original package. I paid $1,000 for everything. Given the fact that the Vietnamese heads sell new for $1,799 and used SVT Classic heads usually sell for an average or $1,200 and the SVT 410HLF cabs sell new for $799 and used for $400 to $450, I feel that I got a great deal even though there are some dings in the head and cab. It sounds great!

SVT.jpg

2. Nice, you are a lucky man ;)
    Plug a P bass all maple with labella flats drool

bobyoung53 and Kmonk like this.
  3. Kmonk

Kmonk

Oct 18, 2012
    South Shore, Massachusetts
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan, Nordstrand Pickups, Korg , Conquest Sound
    I have an American P, American J, a couple of Alembic and Spector basses. I have never liked flats. I usually use Ernie Ball Cobalt.

4. bobyoung53

bobyoung53 Supporting Member

Good deal, can't beat SVT's, and nothing punches like a P bass with Labellas on it especially through an SVT, mine is rosewood but it still punches.

alaskaleftybass and Kmonk like this.
  5. Screw the dings; they are meaningless when it comes to sound on an Ampeg.

I've seen some old square back cabs with almost zero Tolex left, torn and stained grille covers or worse, and they still sound as thunderous as the day they were made.

Same for the heads.

Enjoy your score.

rodl2005, bobyoung53 and Kmonk like this.
  6. bobyoung53

bobyoung53 Supporting Member

I got two square backs, no tolex anywhere in sight on those babys but they sound good. You get a good SVT and you have an amp for life.

Salicete likes this.
  7. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. In Memoriam

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Welcome to the Hall of Thunder Gods! :thumbsup:

bobyoung53 likes this.