1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New amp day - Fender Pro MB-1200

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Munjibunga, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I don't know if no pics no amp applies here, but if it does, OK, I didn't get one.

Anyway, my lead guitarist e-mailed me and told me a local dealer was blowing out this demo power amp, so I called them up and told them I'd be down to get it within the hour. I went and got it and brought it home.

I just got around to plugging it in, and I used my SABDDI as a preamp and ran it into my D-210XST and D-210XLT (it goes down to 2 ohms). It sounds amazingly good. I played my Fender RBV and Mustang Bass through it, and the sound was full and rich. Not bad for a Fender.

I'm not going to say how much it was, but let's just say it was Grand Theft Power Amp.

2. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    I have the Fender TB1200 and its a great powerful amp( I run it through an Ampeg 610hlf) I'm sure the power amp sounds great. Fender amps are overlooked......:cool:

3. jastacey

jastacey Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Houston,Tx
    I have the Bassman 1200 and it really is a good sounding amp .....but you have to be carefull on speaker selection, as at 4 ohm it's 800+ watts, and at 2 ohms it 1200 watts ... they are a under rated amp ...enjoy!!

4. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    I love my TB-600. Yeah, it's not a micro in terms of weight, but it puts out great tone. Fender needs to do a better job of getting their high end amp gear into stores where people can actually hear it!

5. I have the same poweramp :) find it a little soft volume wise at 800 watts (4ohms) but it really loves a 2ohm load! - killer for pushing 2 810's on a big stage!

Interested to hear your opinion on whether or not you think it is voiced in comparison to the regular QSC/crown etc. poweramps?

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I'll probably never A/B 'em. It is what it is, and I know I can get a sound to my liking out of it. I might try my Raven Labs USIP through it for kicks.