1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Amp Day (Highway Robbery)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SterlingArcher, Mar 11, 2013.

1. I picked up this head off of a guy on craigslist. GK 1001RB II. It was up for a while. I figured something was wrong with it. I didn't even need a new head, but I threw out a $250 offer and he took it. I went to pick it up and it is in 100% mint condition. It looks like it just came out of the box. I was going to pick it up and sit on it then sell it later. Looks like my other head is going on the market.

D3u6unr.

fxvoZZj.

2. I almost dropped my laptop! SCORE!!!!

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    You should go to him and give another five hundy.

Or not! Good score!

4. The depressing thing is I think this purchase has cured my GAS. I have no reason to continue my craigslist addiction anymore. I don't need anything anymore. I'll probably just pick up some gear to mess around with and resell. I've got my eye on an Ibanez SR506 right now.

Now I just need to find a band to join.

5. IPYF

IPYF

Mar 31, 2011
    Well I never. That's a bargain and then some. Must be desparate to get the rent paid. Either that or it's off the back of a large black truck.

Great catch.

6. I was thinking the exact same thing. Great score, enjoy!!!

7. blockinlay

blockinlay

Feb 21, 2009
    Phila Pa
    Great price, as they go anywhere from $350 to $500 for used on ebay. Do a search for stolen if worried about it.

8. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

Congrats and enjoy!

9. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Congrats great amp and then go to the nearest police station and turn yourself in sir.

10. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    May not be a bad idea. The amp could well have been stolen. It's happened before and will happen again.

11. It wasn't stolen. The guy had been in a band and kept it in a rack so it wouldn't be damaged (I asked him). He even had pictures of his rig.

I've noticed that on craigslist the higher end stuff tends to sit for a while. The longer something sits the easier it is to talk someone down on the price. I'll sit on the stuff that I sell until I get fair market value for it.

12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You could've had a brand new one for $249, LOL. Looks like there's some GK mojo going on out there.

13. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Ahhh Munji!!

If only i'd got MY mojo working! :D

14. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    That's a bad thing? Not to me it isn't!

15. I usually sell stuff for a minimum profit to justify buying new gear. Now I don't have much I want to sell.

16. NOICE!

That amp has ballz to spare.

17. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    On the bright side, now you can focus 100% on the playing and get out there and get in a band!