1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Amp Day: Trace Elliot Elf

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fletz, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Fletz

Fletz

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    ACAEC4E4-CC2C-4580-8B14-12C523D39171. so, as a Hartke devotee, I haven’t had my head turned by anything in quite some time. While at my local guitar center I came across the Elf, which I had seen advertised. I fell in love instantly. With a pedal trade in I got 15% off and had to get it. The tone with my Hartke 210 hydrive is amazing and crisp. Couple it with my sansamp pedal and it’s got color and life. And, let’s be honest, peeps, 200 watts through 2 2x10s May very well be enough for most bar gigs. I’ll do up a video over the weekend if you’d like but this thing has blown me away like very few new pieces of gear have.

Ikkir, Ryan L., Stumbo and 2 others like this.
  2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Intergalactic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon sofware
    Video would be cool. :)

3. Fletz

Fletz

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    Watch the thread. Consider it done. Probably by eod Saturday.

4. Fletz

Fletz

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
  5. SJan3

SJan3 Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Ct.
  6. himluis1

himluis1

Sep 28, 2012
    Florida
    hello there i just got a new hartke 210 hydrive the 1st version i got it on a close out sale and i love it !!! was wondering do u normally gig 1 cab or 2 ? i play mostly cgurches for about 300-500 people with pa support and in ear system in most of them ... the head i have is a bh250 from tc electronic ... other thing is if i do have to get a 2nd cab it will probably be the new hd hydrive as i cant seem to find another v1 hydrive cab will that be an issue ? thanks !!!

7. Fletz

Fletz

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    I usually always gig with the two for two reasons: 1 - I like to get to 4ohms and get the max headroom from the rig and 2 - it looks cool :) . I guess a third reason may be to get a little height to get the sound closer to my ears. That said, if I was to have FOH support, I would happily gig with one and use it as a monitor for my stage volume. Finally, ZERO issue with using a new Hydrive with the older one other than if you have OCD like me! I hope this helps.

himluis1 likes this.
  8. himluis1

himluis1

Sep 28, 2012
    Florida
    thanks for the fast response !!! did you painted the grill on yours ??? i seen a couple of people doing that ... i will probably go that route if i do get the new ones !!!

9. Fletz

Fletz

Jan 16, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hartke artist
    I did paint them. I like to tell Larry he copied ME on the new releases. He assures me I wasn't alone in wanting black grilles. :)

Quadzilla likes this.