New Amp for Christmas!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tomass, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Tomass

Nov 1, 2005
    Hey the Local music store is having a sale, hes got good deals on amps. Altough he hasnt showed me other options yet, he told me that the Laney Ritcher seies are going at a good price. Im interested in the R5 in particular or the R4, both are 300 watt. The R5 has got dual 10" fully hectic subs (lol) and the R4 has got a 15" speaker. The R4 has got a 7 band Graphic EQ, where as the R5 has got twin Para mid (high,low). the R5 is kick back, both have compressors and horns. XLR D.I, both have limiters and high and low inputs. Also there is a FX loop, Tuner out and Line out for both models. The normal RRP for the R4 is $1099 AUD, its going for $849 AUD now. The RRP R5 is $1149, now its going for $799. I did my research on this forum with the magical search button and come up with nothing, does anybody have either of the models. Im looking for that particular low end punch and the Mudvayne tone as well. The Bass im running at the moment is a Ibanez SDGR which im not quite sure about the specs off, cant find much info but it has got a bar pickup at the bridge and the 2 pickups near the neck (sorry cant remember what there called). The current practice amp that i have is a Sound art( you probaly havent heard of it) which is a 50 watt Guitar amp i tihnk and its starting to disagree with me (i wonder why) :D . But I dont want this to be ajust not another practice amp, do you think 300 watts out of 2 speakers is powerful enough??
  2. Tomass

Nov 1, 2005
    hm no ones got any experience with them, if they arnt any good whats availible with the same spec for around roughly the same price?
  3. phaneo

Mar 14, 2001
    Fort Worth TX
    Well for me 300 watts and two 10" speakers is enough usualy. Sometimes I throw a 15 onder but not too often.
  4. Hey Tomass, what part of oz are you from?

I think that even down under your money could go further used, there are always some good used bass amps in some of the smaller music stores around sydney and melb. Pretty reasonably priced too.

I haven't heard anything about either of these laney combo's but i recomend you try to shop around before buying. Even in australia there is always other options out there and you should try out everything you can in your price range before buying amps!