Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new amp happy dance

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pineapple, Oct 30, 2003.

1. pineapple

pineapple

Oct 16, 2003
    lexington, ky
    since my pitiful little 15 watt frontman is in the shop for an unknown period of time, i got mad and went to the equipment rental store (i play every day for at least an hour, so not being able to play for the past four days has made me unbearably grouchy) to rent an amp for a while. the rental fee was really cheap for this yorkville 200 watt combo, so i picked it up. i have the option to buy, and that price will be less the rental fee and deposit if i decide to buy it in the first 30 days.

i took it home, fooled with the knobby-knobs and fell in love. my band loves it, and it's totally loud enough to cover my drummer and my guitarist (who has this big carvin thing). i think i'm going to take it to the amp shop, have those guys look at it, and buy it if it's in good shape...about $250. not bad. or, if i'm feeling saucy, i think i might get the 400 watt combo just to rattle the band a bit. and i've heard nothing but good reviews on yorkvilles here (thanks guys!) if anyone has anything bad to say, let me know (i don't pretend to know what i'm doing just yet).

i'm excited. this is my first big amp. :hyper:

2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    [Balky voice on]
    "Cousin, we must do the dance of joy!!":hyper:
    [Balky voice off]

3. I just got the new Yorkville xm200 and it works for me.If you can go for the 400 get it. You'll be set for a long time.There both good amps and built like tanks.

4. Lucky!

enjoy the amp:)

good price!

5. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    400 watts
    nice tone
    nice price
    try-before-you-buy
    AND
    the band likes it

Sounds like you cant be any happier! Go for it man!

6. :D

7. [​IMG]
    Treena