Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new amp or bass?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by clouddead, Jan 23, 2004.

1. clouddead

clouddead

Jan 15, 2003
    orlando
    OK, so i hate my ibanez sr-405, and my hartke HA3000. i dont know which i should get rid of first. if i get rid of my bass, id pick up a used Roscoe SKB3500. thats a for sure. but im really tired of my amp too. im looking into a eden wt-550, or the new aggie ag500 to compliment my 2 aggie gs-112's. i just cant decide.

2. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    I would go for the new bass first. Renting amps is easy. But when you rent a bass you have to get used to the feel of a totally different instrument.

3. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    Amps and cabs react different with different basses. Find a bass that you realy like then build around that.

4. clouddead

clouddead

Jan 15, 2003
    orlando
    Sounds good. I dont think I will be gigging till next year. I want to get my rig together and stuff, so yeah, probably new bass it is. Im deff. sold on the roscoe.

5. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

If you hate the playability of your bass... that is, if it actually hinders your playing... then I advise you to get a new bass first.

If not, I strongly advise you to get a new amp first. A crappy bass can sound fantastic through a good amp, whereas a crappy amp just sounds crappy all the time. (Not that your current gear is crappy, but you get the idea). :)

6. clouddead

clouddead

Jan 15, 2003
    orlando
    That is what i was thinkin, that if i got a new amp, my bass probably wouldnt sound quite as bad. i have played my bass through the eden wt-550 when i went to try out the aggie gs-112's. it sounded good, i didnt get to turn it up really that much though. my bass isnt a squire or and Sx, no offense to people who have those, but my bass is around the lower mid range. my bass doesnt really hinder my playing, its more of the amp. i havent got my technique and such perfected as i have only been playing a year and a half, but i really wasnt sure which i should replace first. im starting to lean towards replacing my amp. my bass isnt really overly horrible, its certainly not my dream bass, but it does well for now. I think the real problem is GAS. haha.

7. clouddead

clouddead

Jan 15, 2003
    orlando
    Hate is such a strong word. but yeah my bass isnt as bad as the hartke head unit.