new amp or new computer

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by suasa, Nov 12, 2003.

1. okay i am stuck on this and i cant decide. either a new computer for gaming and surfing and more importatly recording some of my stuff finally, and i will be gettin a high quality recording soundcard so my stuff records wiht half decent quality. or a new amp if I do get a new amp it will be a yorkville xs400h with either a 2x10 or a 2x12 cab i havnt quite decided yet anwyway i got another month before i will have enough money for one or the other. the computer will cost me about 1100 canadian and the amp and cab will cost me about 1200 mabey a little less so i am stuck here and AND I CAN'T DECIDE so some pros and cons to help me make my decision would be good i am probably going to decide from what people here say so u have the control.

what do u think i should buy?
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yorkville, huh? Get the computer.
  3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Bet if he said Eden, you would have told him to get the amp eh?

The new XS400 head is sweet, and the new batch is going to have better tubes in it, so you know it's going to sound extra warm

However, having a decent computer to record on would be a good asset as well.

What amp and computer do you have now?
  4. right now i am runnin off a crapp squire amp. My computer is a amd runnin on 300mhz 164mb ram like 16 meg soundcard all crapp and i am runnin windowns 2000 pro on it which is the best thing about it.
  5. Rod Harder

Rod Harder Supporting Member

Hi there suasa,
    Just a suggestion, but you should maybe change your signature to something a little less offensive. I'm sure there are at least a few TB'ers that would find it personally offensive, and there's no place for it here. Just my opinion, but I am sure others would agree.