1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Amp Plans!!! GK!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SubNoizeRat3691, Jan 9, 2012.

1. SubNoizeRat3691

SubNoizeRat3691 Lovin' the lows Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Davenport, IA
    Has anyone out there ever tried the Gallien-Krueger MB212 combo with the MBE212 extension cabinet??? Seems like a very good match up to me.

4 12" Speakers, near vertical alignment, and 500watts to power it all. Weighing in at a whopping 71lbs total!!! :hyper:

I play in a band with a very loud guitarist and a drummer that like his toys, so having 4 12s behind me :bassist: would be a big help!

Has anyone out there tried this combo???

2. I haven't tried the MB series, but I use the NEO 4x12 everyday and It is one of the best cabs I have ever played through. I'm assuming the MB shouldn't be much worse, but I haven't tried them out yet.

3. wave rider

wave rider

Jan 5, 2005
    Last I heard, the MB212 did not accept an extension cabinet and the MB210 does...

=wr=

Edit>>> GK was supposed to put out a self powered 212 that would allow the MB212 to have an extension cabinet, do not know if it has been released yet.

4. SubNoizeRat3691

Feb 1, 2010
    Davenport, IA
    ya, i just read that. only the 210 has an extension out.... damn

5. wave rider

wave rider

Jan 5, 2005

Why not get the MB500 head and two of the 212s? Not sure how the pricing works out but it would be more flexible...

=wr=

6. SubNoizeRat3691

Feb 1, 2010
    Davenport, IA
    That would only be a couple hundred more. and still just as usable!! :hyper:

7. This. It may cost a few bucks more but the flexibility may be worth it.

8. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    To match with an MB212 combo you'd have to go with a MPB Powered Enclosure (bottom of the page): Welcome to Gallien-Krueger: Power to Groove

Of course thi$ would double the rig's wattage too.

Download and study the manuals for the 2x12 units you're interested in.