New Amp Purchase, Need Your Opinion!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dark-Moon, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Dark-Moon

Dark-Moon

May 18, 2009
    so right now im playing on a Peavey TKO 115 which is kinda old now and is going out, my bass is a Stingray 5. I need an amp that can kinda handle everything. I am considering the Acoustic B200H and B410 Stack and Ashdown ABM 414T 4X10 with a Ashdown ABM 500 EVO III bass head. I really want to know what you guys think and your opinions or if you have a better suggestion for an amp and head let me know.

2. The ASHDOWN EVO's are one of the only hybrid heads I like. The valve grind control is wicked & they seem to have plenty of power. I'd go this over the Acoustic by a long shot. Dunno re the cabs, but as far as amps go- thats MY pick- especially w/ a 'ray5 - should sound great. They've a 'sub' control too- a built in octaver - works OK too. As I said- ONLY hybrid I like. ONE of the only S.S. amps I like actually too. I generally only dig ALL tube amps, but've been sold on the LMII from MArk Bass. But would get an EVO if need arose-anyday

3. Mark Olson

Mark Olson Inactive

Mar 19, 2008
    Michigan
    I also dig the Ashdown stuff, and personally I'd go with that over the Acoustic rig if you can afford it.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021